Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE grooming tips needed

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • babybunsmum
      Participant
      3896 posts Send Private Message

how on earth do any of you brush your bun’s dewlap / under their chin?  i always notice big clumps of loose fur that i’d love to pull out but of course my buns are quite offended when i try.  i have had success combing out loose fur from their backs when i put them (one at a time of course) on the bath counter with a towel on it.  but even then they hold their chins down so tight i can’t get at their dewlap area.  i have gotten away with a couple of sneaky pulls here & there, petting them for a bit to get them distracted but i have to be so quick that it’s hit & miss if i get the loose fur chunk.  is there a secret to doing this?

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
        Participant
        319 posts Send Private Message

When I groom my buns, I always have someone help me. It’s much easier with extra hands.

Sit on the floor. Bring your knee up, almost like you are going to hug your knees. Lay your bun on your legs. But you want their heads higher than your knees. As they calm down and get comfortable, their heads will fall behind exposing their chins. My buns close their eyes, like hypnotize. Have someone hold them down so that they cant move.

My buns will stay quiet and not move until I’m done. This is the only way that I can clip their nails. Hope this helps.

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

I have the opposite problem..I cant get Shadows butt! He whirls around and grunts at me….I have to do the sneaky pull the clump bit

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

I have been doing great with grooming after I finally got control of the 3 pounder BUT I have not done the tail. Not sure how to do that. Do you pull it out straight to get in there???? Isn’t grooming fun! Are all your buns molting like crazy? When does it stop!

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

yup… molt, molt, molt.  lol.  unfortunately i have to find a way to wrangle a groom single-handedly (single gal here).   mom will be helping me with some bonding sessions soon & so i’ll see if i can get her comfortable enough to help groom when she’s here but that won’t be often enough for proper molt grooming.  until then i’ll keep trying and doing the ‘sneak attack yoink’.  lol.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

Rupert and Kokanee are molting like CRAZZY right now!! I’m literally plucking clumps off Kokanee daily-gross!!

I’m hoping it’s indicative of a really hot summer (I know I’m being optimisitc)

I kind of wish Ruperts was coming out in clumps, it’s just coming out and out and out….I’ve eaten sooo much hair lately….

• Beka27
                  Participant
                  16016 posts Send Private Message

this is my first spring with Meadow, and for some reason i do not recall Stephen shedding like this, altho i’m sure he did just as badly…

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE grooming tips needed