Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums DIET & CARE grooming

This topic contains 6sd replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DanaNM 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kiki
    Participant

Hi there,

I was wondering, how often should I be brushing Indie? I try to do it at least once per week.  Should I be doing it more ?

Sarah
    Participant

That sound good to me! I brush my buns about once a week when they are molting and every 2-3 weeks when they are not molting. Sounds like you are doing everything right!

DanaNM

During molting times, I brush at least twice a day. It’s important to help them get the excess fur off.

During non-molting times, usually a light brushing daily.

You can also hand pluck while petting, sometimes this is as effective as brushing and more easily tolerated by the bun!

Kiki
    Participant

I feel like the brush I got her is kind of obnoxious. It’s pretty hard bristled. I thought it would be more baby brush like, like I had for my one cat. Thanks for the advice!

DanaNM

I also recently discovered the joys of using a lint roller on my buns! I had heard of it… and finally tried it. It’s great! Bun Jovi actually enjoys it and it gets all his super fine soft hairs. I wonder if it feels like a bit bunny tongue?

Kiki
    Participant

Huh, I never thought of that – you mean the kind with the sticky pieces you peel off?

DanaNM

Yep! I got through a lot of layers of the sticky sheets….. but I figure if I only use it when they are really molting badly it’s worth it?

I think Bertha’s skin gets irritated from so much brushing, but something that pulls just the hairs doesn’t bug her as much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.