Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Griffin and Schroeder BONDED

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • KatnipCrzy
      Participant
      2981 posts Send Private Message

Griffin and Schroeder and are now a bonded pair (both neutered males).  I has tried introducing them before but had humping and scuffles.  They have been in a huge x-pen with a divider down the middle for about 10 months or so- and there were no fights thru the bars.  I would often catch Griffin sticking his nose thru the gaps trying to get Schroeder to groom him.

I re-injured my back at the end of August and the bunnies have not been out for playtime like they have been- since I cannot bend over to pick them up,  Hubby was mainly caring for bunnies- cleaning cages, etc.  I was doing better- went to pet Griffin and he had lost weight!  He has been eating all his pellets and greens- it is hard to say how much hay as we just throw handfuls in.  I think he was spending too much time with his nose thru the bars since he was lonely.  So I removed the divider- and they are best buds now.

It is pretty adorable- Griffins ear often ends up over Schroeder when they are next to each other!

So it technically took a long time- but they decided for themselves that they wanted to live together.  And Griffin no longer jumps out of the 4 foot x-pen.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Woohoo, congrats Katnip :~)

• mrmac
          Participant
          2156 posts Send Private Message

I would love some new Griffin pics and of the boys together! Congrats!

• jerseygirl
            22345 posts Send Private Message

That’s great Katnip! It would be a load off you wouldn’t it? Not having to do bonding sessions, but also now their combined living area.

It has to be one of the most passive bonding techniques I’ve read about. :o)

And how is Miss Cotton doing?

• Lintini
              Participant
              3329 posts Send Private Message

*flails around like mad* Where are the photos ?!!?!?!

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

AWESOME! Congrats!!!

Now wouldn’t it be nice if you could just stick Cotton in there and the boys not notice?!

• Deleted User
                  Participant
                  22064 posts Send Private Message

Time to open the finest bottle of carrot juice for a rabbit-bond celebration! How nice for Griffin to have another rabbit to drape his ears over~

• KatnipCrzy
                    Participant
                    2981 posts Send Private Message

Cotton is a total Diva and never gotten along with anybunny else.  But I am thinking about leaving the boys together for a month or so and trying to put Cotton onto the divided side and see if they can all just learn to love each other.    But I don’t want her drama to cause displaced aggression in the boys!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Griffin and Schroeder BONDED