Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Greens

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Vicky
      Participant
      205 posts Send Private Message

Hey guys, another question from me.

I have had my bun for a year and half now. We have tried many lettuces and greens (only those allowed for bunnies). We have gone through two GI stasis and a lot of bloated tummy and several tummy and poop issues. Everything was because of the greens we were giving her. She has a very sensitive tummy to any diet changes.

So she is now only on hay and pellets diet. She has been doing wonderfully since then.

The question is… Are greens absolutely necessary in their life? If she has been doing great now and all the greens just caused problems to her? I don’t want to go through another stressful situations. She also takes papaya support tablets and probiotics everyday. She is very happy and healthy bun.

Thank you

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Greens are not strictly necessary, and if they are causing issues then no need to stress over giving them. Some buns just don’t do well with greens for whatever reason.

Adding a variety of hays can help to give some variety in the diet. Some buns also do well on dried herbs even when they can’t handle fresh, so if you wanted to try that you could, but it would be more of an enrichment thing than a dietary requirement.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Vicky
            Participant

Oh you made me feel at ease right now. I was just so worried I’m not giving my bun enough. I just don’t want to cause another problems with tummy. I read articles about how it is necessary to give them fresh greens but i literally cannot.

So i can have a healthy bun just with hay and pellets?

• DanaNM
              8935 posts Send Private Message

Yes definitely. I wouldn’t advocate for it in normal circumstances, but it’s definitely OK in a case where it is medically necessary.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Vicky
                Participant

Thank you very much, I’m much more calm now

• LBJ10
                16908 posts Send Private Message

Yes, you can have a healthy bunny on a hay and pellet diet. You can help add some interest with hay toppers like dried herbs.

• Vicky
                    Participant

Thank you very much, i thought something bad can happen if i won’t give the greens. Thank you again ❤️

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Greens