Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A green on paws?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Louiethebunny
      Participant
      603 posts Send Private Message

today I noticed by bunny’s little white paws had some greenish staining. they aren’t matted or anything but I was wondering if this is a problem?

• Wick & Fable
        5782 posts Send Private Message

It may be from eating veggies, a mixture of moisture and hay dust, or green discharge from the nose, though the latter would show some other concerning signs. Do any of these seem plausible to you?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Louiethebunny
          Participant
          603 posts Send Private Message

I think it could be veggies, because while examining his paws there were little bits of dirt from the lettuce (fresh from my garden). It could also be his hay, but I don’t think it is discharge from his nose because he is behaving very normally, flopping, grooming and all.

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

It isn’t unusual for white paws to get a green “tint” from hay dust. This is particularly true if hay is kept in the litter box.

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant
              743 posts Send Private Message

my bun will also get green paws after washing himself after a bowl of leafy greens… certain greens seem to make it brighter. His white nose marking also gets green, it usually fades pretty quickly. As other have said I would really worry about it, especially if it’s not sticky seeming and he hasn’t been acting ill.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A green on paws?