Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Got another rabbit, now both peeing out front of cage. Mad or something wrong??

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bugsy19
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hello! Fairly new bunny owners. Daughter has had a male mini Rex since March and he’s done fairly well. He’s in a pen in our garage, she gets him out regularly, etc. She has him for a 4H project. About a month ago we got another only couple months old who is also male. We started noticing the new one was peeing out the front corner of cage, not sure how to get him to stop but today I watched as the older rabbit was the one to sit there and pee out front of his cage sort of toward the other (theybare wide by side cages) is this normal?? I was worried something was wrong with younger bunny but now I think it’s just them being mad there’s another rabbit there! I have no idea what normal behavior is or how to try to change this behavior 🙁

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

I think you are entering the Pee Wars! This happens when rabbits are territorial, or when a new rabbit enters their territory. Do both get along okay? My rabbits who were doing the pee wars at one point didn’t get along to well, except in neutral territory, although there was still pee. Maybe you could try bonding them? There is a bonding section if you go to the RABBIT INFO part of the binky bunny that might help.

Wishing you the best of luck! 🙂

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

Are they neutered?

It sounds like they are entering puberty, and marking will continue until you get them neutered.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Hazel
            Participant
            2587 posts Send Private Message

Agreed. This is very normal behavior between intact, unbonded rabbits and won’t change until they have been neutered.

Make sure you don’t let them out together to avoid fighting (or an accidental litter, if one of them was sexed incorrectly). You also want to have a few inches of space between their cages as they can fight or even breed through cage bars.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Got another rabbit, now both peeing out front of cage. Mad or something wrong??