Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING got a new bunny to bond with tallulah!!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • <3 tallulah
      Participant
      38 posts Send Private Message

I had been thinking about getting another bunny for tallulah but just couldnt decide if it was a good idea or not!! finally got a VERY large white bunny and from the very start the bonding went excellent all thanks to binkybunny.com started of with a partition between them and after a while i lifted it and let them see each other properly. i could not believe my eyes when wee tiny tallulah started mounting the huge harvey and showing she was boss but harvey was more than happy for this to happen!! Because everything went so well i decided to open the cage to see how they would react and again…. it went perfect. Even lay in the bed and cuddld up All this is 1 day… jeezo!!! Just wanted to thank ever=yone on this site as it helped enormously!!! love me, tallulah and harvey

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

That’s fantastic! It’s so nice to hear of these easy bonds. Yay for happy bunnies! Congratulations!

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

Do you have fotos you can post?

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

oh wow!! Thats awesome! Gotta love those big white bunnies I can’t wait to see pics!

• luvmybunny
              Participant
              576 posts Send Private Message

Congrats and glad things are going so well! Any pics? (hint, hint!)

• RabbitPam
                11002 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations!
                  pix, please.

• <3 tallulah
                  Participant

So it was day 2 of the bonding and lets just say Harvey wasnt as happy for Tallulah to be boss….

Started off with both of them humping…. ALOT!!! After a while Tallulah accepted Harvey was boss (she still tries but just for a few seconds!) They were together for about 5 hours all in today with a few short breaks in between for dinner etc and seemed to be fine. Am i right that circling isn’t a good thing but just to pull apart not seperate altogether unless there is a full fight??

Anyway…. apart from lots of humping its been all positive. Only 1 small fight where they were both trying to hump but none were hurt and calmed down after some cabbage!!

Day 3 tomorrow amd i cant wait Hopefully try and sort themselves out… maybe even have a proper cuddle!! Tallulah tried to cuddle in and done 1 of her big side flops but harvey just tried to hump lol!!!

I can get pictures on now as an attachment but not in my folder!! The pics are too large a format just now but gonna play about n try to minimise them so i can upload and show you all my gorgeous buns!!!!

All round good day although i was hoping it was love at first sight… turns out harvey was just a bit scared at first  

set up a youtube account so heres a link to there first meeting!! Theres another wee clip under my name on youtube too…. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlsXsxKXE5w

xxxx

• KatnipCrzy
                    Participant
                    2981 posts Send Private Message

Is Tallulah spayed?  Sometimes younger bunnies will get along with other bunnies but once hormones kick in they will fight.

• <3 tallulah
                      Participant

No Katnip Tallulah isnt spayed… i defo plan on getting her done but when the opportunity came up to get harvey i had to try it out.
                        Today has been brilliant…. no humping in sight!!!! i couldnt be happier… theres no chasing, circling or anything nasty at all. Not had any cuddling or grooming yet but tallulah is always the same when its play time… she never sits still – too much energy lol!!
                        ill update later tonight but going great so far….. mega cheeser on my face

a wee video from there 3rd date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0ve7r4Sdw

• Deleted User
                        Participant

Cute videos, thanks for sharing! How old are the rabbits?

• <3 tallulah
                          Participant

Tallulah is 6 months and harvey is just over 2. Not sure exactly of his age because we rescued him but hes just a big softie!!!

they were in the play area for 5 hours today with no humping whatsoever so i decided to put them in the cage they will be sharing and straight away harvey tried to hump…. slow but good progress!!!

• Deleted User
                            Participant

I think it sounds and looks all very peaceable but I wouldn’t cage or enclose them together until Tallulah’s spay. The hormones in a female rabbit can bring her to make some nasty moves toward another and you don’t want to let that happen as things are going so well.

• KatnipCrzy
                              Participant
                              2981 posts Send Private Message

Is Harvey neutered?

• <3 tallulah
                                Participant

yeah harvey is neutered… bonding is going very well. fingers crossed its as good tomoroow as it was today. lots of cuddling

• <3 tallulah
                                  Participant

heres some pics of the bunnies…. finally getting them uploaded  

would you believe the first one of harvey is his first day with me…

• luvmybunny
                                    Participant
                                    576 posts Send Private Message

Aww, how precious! They look like a good match

• Deleted User
                                      Participant

I like the collage of photos. Love the last picture! !!! Harvey is the perfect name for him, too!

• Lintini
                                        Participant
                                        3329 posts Send Private Message

Cute couple! glad to hear everything is going well, I am very jealous considering Bun just bit me bad on my hand. *mumbles some bad words*

• <3 tallulah
                                          Participant

aww lintini that is sad… im sure it was just a grumpy moment tho!!

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING got a new bunny to bond with tallulah!!