Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Good ole fashioned naming thread!

This topic contains 14sd replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Azerane 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Dface
    Participant

So we’ve had little weirdo a week now and are no closer to naming him! I did say the name was down to my boyfriend, but he is open to suggestions. And i did ask that the name fit in with Peep and Yumi(gami) if at all possible!

All my rabbits had a 4 letter shorthand of their name ie pete/samp(ras), Yumi(gami) and Peep.
    They were also named after Sampras(who was originally named Mr. Bo) -Yumigami is lord of the bow, and Peep (as in little bo-peep). So far we’ve thought of a few alternative names to the normal naming (because that structure is impossible) but none seem to ‘fit’ :

Oddball: after the marvel villain and tank driver from kellys heroes, and a nod towards him not being of the lionhead variety

Smudge
    Squib:out of harry potter, all our friends claim Peep and Yumi are wizard rabbits, and this goofball is not nearly as wooly and wise looking.

Spud: as I love potatoes and refer to my buns as floor potatoes regularly

Rorshach: after tur character from watchmen, because his mask and coloring, but boyfriend doesn’t think hes symmetrical enough.

Grayson: after night wing (a comic book character with an eyemask)
    Bandit: again for his eye mask

Fr. Jack Hackett : jack for short, as a nod to sampras who was named after a rabbit in the Fr. Ted series, the rabbit was also named Fr. Jack as part of the joke.

So far neither of us seems to be able to agree on any of the names, so any input welcome!
    Cant get a picture to upload, but heres a pic of him on my Instagram – there is a few other pics of him but that shows the markings best
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt6hr8Uli_N/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=oeygde1yyexd

Kiki
    Participant

Captain Jack Sparrow or any derivative of that
    Zephyr
    Kili
    Bandit

Diamond
    Participant

I’m partial to Grayson. I guess you’d call him Gray for short, but Grayson is a good solid name

Q8bunny
    Participant

Totoro (Toto)

Gigi

Lord Yupa

Calcifer (Cifer)

Lupin (Lupi)

A$*&!aka (Ashi)

Sosuke (Sosu)

I’m not obsessed with Studio Gibli. ?

Q8bunny
    Participant

Dude! A S H I T A K A got censored!!! ???????

Dface
    Participant

Oh man I love studio ghibli ❤️ I had always hoped to adopt a black/dark lionhead so i could name it after the Susuwatari!
    And then I got this fluffless mess and all my names floated out the window.

I think I would like to name him after the Chu Totoro now that you mention it.. (would be fitting for a rabbit…? )
    I’ll go run these past my boyfriend :p

LBJ10

Hmm… he looks like a Zero to me. :p

I still like Atticus for a bunny too. I think that would be a cute name, but it isn’t 4 letters.

Q8bunny
    Participant

His markings look a bit like Totoro’s. ?

Dface
    Participant

I love the name Zero (big Nightmare Before Christmas fan) but boyfriend says he isn’t about it.
    I was pushing the name Chu, but he didnt want that either (grrr) but it did get us talking about legend of zelda(which also have Chus in them)
    And we have provisionally settled on Moink.
    (like oink, but with an m at the start) its fun to say, and he does sound like a little piggy running around grunting all the time!

Q8bunny
    Participant

Not four letters, but hilarious! Moink!!

LBJ10

Come on… you know you want to name him Zero. Hehe!

Tony's Mum
    Participant

Arrow. As in, Bow and Arrow.

Azerane

Only because I’ve recently been watching The Dragon Prince on Netflix. Azym, short for Azymondias

Also, he’s super cute

Kiki
    Participant

I kinda dig moink

Azerane

Oops, I missed that good settled on Moink! So cute

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.