Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A GI or Moody Olly.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sr. Melangell
      Participant
      1708 posts Send Private Message

Please help guys, Olly isn’t eating as much as he does, he is still lively, yesterday I gave him a small tomato and piece of Banana, he left them, but had a chew on some hay, today I saw he has eaten the tomato and banana, just to see if he was eating I offered him a tiny bit of banana which he took from me and he put it on the floor, he is drinking, could this be early GI? 

But also when I saw he didn’t eat the banana and tomato I offered him some mint that he took straight away.

Could it be early GI?

Could it be the weather?

Could he be going through one of his moody things?

He has eaten hay though, so not sure, hope its not GI, if it is and early, will he last till Monday Morning? Because I have no bank card and the bank is closed.

Oh what have I done?

• Sr. Melangell
        Participant
        1708 posts Send Private Message

Hi Guys its Olly Rabbit, just to let you know I am fine, I’m eating now xx

• Meg
          Participant
          560 posts Send Private Message

Woohooo!! That’s great news!!

• Bam
            16872 posts Send Private Message

I’m SO glad to hear he’s eating again, Sr. M!!!!

This could have been a little bit of gas, and the mint could’ve helped with that. I remember my Bam would take dried mint (herbal mint tea I had) when he had gas and wouldn’t eat anything else.

On Monday you could perhaps go out and get some infacol gas drops to have on hand just in case sth like this ever happens again? Infacol is very good, I had my partner buy 3 bottles for me when he was in London last summer, because the gas drops I can get here are horrid according to buns (they taste fine to me, but I’m just a hoomin, so what do I know?!)

• LittlePuffyTail
              18092 posts Send Private Message

Glad to hear your okay, Olly!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A GI or Moody Olly.