Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Fussy Eater?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Firsttimer
      Participant
      144 posts Send Private Message

I have rehomed a young male rabbit and last week he has been neutered.  I’m a bit worried that he’s not eating the right stuff.  I’ve been feeding him pellets at the same time as my other rabbit (who devours them immediately) but I don’t think he eats them, he’s more interested in tipping the (heavy) bowl upside down.  At night I give them both a bowl each of a mixture of greens which he seems to love.  I tried to give him a little bit of apple but he wasn’t interested.  Is there an alternative option to the pellets?

• JK
        Participant
        2223 posts Send Private Message

Can you watch them to see for sure? Also, I assume you are feeding him unlimited timothy hay, correct? The pellets are not as important and the greens and hay. Are these pellets timothy based?

• kimberleyanddarren
          Participant
          2520 posts Send Private Message

you could try switching pellets, but this will have to be done gradually, perhaps try a selection if you can buy them loose at your pet store and give him a tiny amount of each over a week or so see which he prefers, be careful because switching foods can lead to poopybutt so it must be done slowly!

• Firsttimer
            Participant
            144 posts Send Private Message

Yes, he’s getting unlimited hay and some greens every night.

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

With my bunny when he stsrts doing that I will hand feed him. Not only does he eat but it also creates a bond with me and him. You could try this and maybe add a treat in there. Bunnies can be eassily stressed from surgeries and I have no doubt that mine is going to be stressed after his neuter surgery. The treat will ease him and he will probably like it and thank you for it as well. I have found that when bunnies are stressed they tend to be x-tra destructive

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Fussy Eater?