Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Fruit

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Carolyn
      Participant
      95 posts Send Private Message

I have a easy question tonight.

How often are bunnies alowed to have Fruit???…The reason I’m asking is my rabbit Olly is very shy until you have a peace of fruit then he forgets everyting and he is all over you.  I have been sharing an apple or banana with him, once or twice a week,  and when I say share he gets two or three bites and I eat the rest.

and What kind of fruit do your bunnies like???, that way maybe Olly and I can mix it up a bit more.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

That sounds about right in terms of amount! My bunnies love raisins and raspberries, and also cranberries They get about 1-3 a day.

• 2buns2luv
          Participant
          66 posts Send Private Message

my bunnies adore pineapple and melon. We get aloto f bunny lovin whenever we have a few pieces of fruit to give them. They eve help lick our fingers clean. Luna knows when it’s fruit time, she races around her pen like a loon, even grabbing at the wire and pulling her cage open if it’s closed. She LOVES her fruit. we only give our buns fruit twice a week, usually as a special treat for allowing us into their “zone” to clean their house.

• kimberleyanddarren
            Participant
            2520 posts Send Private Message

I give hopscotch a slice of apple or banana every 3 or so days because thats all he enjoys, ive tried other things but he isnt really interested in them so so far this is all i have given him but i am looking forward to trying more like raspberries and stuff when they are in season

K&K do you know if you can freeze fruit and give it to the bun? i am not fond of bananas and when i give him a small slice the whole banana goes to waste, i was wondering if slicing it and freezing it and just getting one out at a time would be harmful?

• ScooterandAnnette
              Participant
              1090 posts Send Private Message

Our 4 buns share a banana every morning, and then we sometimes give them some fruit in the evening (they always get veggies in the evening as well).
                – Annette

• kimberleyanddarren
                Participant
                2520 posts Send Private Message

wow 4 bunnies is alot of bunnies hehe

• KatnipCrzy
                  Participant
                  2981 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know if you could freeze the fruit- but you could dry the fruit.  I have a dehydrator that I use- and my parrots love the dried fruits.  I have not given any fruit to my bunny yet as I am still working on building a veggie list that she will eat.  (She does get Oxbow papaya tablets though). 

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant
                    4293 posts Send Private Message

The rule of thumb I use for the amount a rabbit can have is 1/2 teaspoon per pound of body weight per day. Fruit is a treat and some bunnies can be sensitive to it so be sure to keep an eye on them to be certain it will not give your bun poopy butt or diarrhea.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Fruit