Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE friend for a lonely bunny

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • MD
      Participant
      49 posts Send Private Message

I adopted a pair of bonded sister rabbits over a year and a half ago, and one of them, Misty, passed away 2 weeks ago.  My other bunny, Daphny, was not there when Misty passed at the vet, so she had to figure out on her own that Misty wasn’t coming back.  I can tell that she is lonely and stressed, but I’m not quite ready to adopt another rabbit. 

I’ve read some accounts of rabbits finding comfort with stuffed animal bunnies, so I thought I’d give it a try.  I bought a 12-inch plush rabbit rated for ages 0+, and put it in Daphny’s play area.  I rubbed it on a towel that Daphny sits on and also rubbed some of Daphny’s shed fur on it.  She wasn’t sure about it at first, and ignored it or ran away when I made it “hop” toward her, but eventually she accepted it.  Now she grooms it and cuddles up next to it as though it were a real rabbit.  She’s treating it like a real bunny, and not like a toy that she’d chew or drag around.  Of course she knows it’s not a real bunny, but it seems like she is getting some comfort from it.  

Daphny grooms her new friend

• Miyuki
        Participant
        240 posts Send Private Message

Aww poor Daphny. I’m glad she seems to be getting some comfort from her new stuffed friend. How are you doing?

• jerseygirl
          22342 posts Send Private Message

Do you have anything of Misty’s you can scent it with also? It can take them some time to grieve but hopefully you’ll notice when she’s more herself. In the meantime, take comfort from one another. I’m very happy you are considering adopting another in the future.

• megrat7
            Participant
            83 posts Send Private Message

My mom’s dwarf bun is super skiddish and has taken to a fluffy soccer ball about his size. Its so cute, we call it his “girlfriend” and we catch him sleeping next to it all the time! Losing a bun is so hard! But you still have one adorable bun who needs your <3!

• bunnytowne
              Participant
              7537 posts Send Private Message

What a beautiful bunny.  That sure is a great idea to get her a stuffy.  I am so sorry you lost her. We get so attached to them.  And their companions do too.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE friend for a lonely bunny