Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Frequent fighting during breakfast in bonded pair

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Beatrices mum
      Participant
      21 posts Send Private Message

I have 2 Holland lops, a 2 year old female (Beatrice) and a 1 year old male (Bernard). The got them both spayed/neutered back in January and they have been successfully bonded since around march, we’ve never had any issues of fighting. Recently this past week everytime I’m preparing they breakfast they’ve started going at each other, this morning I had to break them up 3 times before I could successfully separate them. I’ve noticed a lot of fur going flying but no bite marks that I could find, does anyone have any ideas on why they could be fighting all of a sudden? And what I can do to help them get back on good terms. For context they typically are super happy while I prepare their breakfast, binkying around and jumping over one another but it’s gotten violent recently. We live in a one bedroom apartment and they are both free roam so they have plenty of space.

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Hmmmm…. have there been any changes in your home? New pets, housemates, furniture? Sometimes a medical issue in one bun can also cause issues, are they both doing ok?

I’ve been dealing with some pre-food aggression in one of my pairs but it doesn’t escalate to fur pulling… it’s just a lot of running around. The sudden change in yours is definitely a cause for concern. Could you maybe do some bonding sessions with them in neutral space and see if that helps?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Beatrices mum
          Participant
          21 posts Send Private Message

The only change would be my new job so I’m out of the house more than I used to be there usually alone for 8-10 hours of the day depending on what shifts I’m working. I haven’t noticed any changes in behaviour in either medical wise, both are pooping and eating/drinking normally. I think I will book a vet appointment to rule out any illness, just in case. The last time this happened after they ate their breakfast they were fine back to grooming each other and eating their hay together. I will try the neutral space idea and see if that helps, thank you!

<hr />

<hr />

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

Keep us posted!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Frequent fighting during breakfast in bonded pair