Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums DIET & CARE Freezing pellets

This topic contains 4sd replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LittlePuffyTail 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

WendyK
    Participant

QUESTION: Does anyone freeze pellets in order to keep them fresh? Thanks.

Harley&Thumper
    Participant

I think freezing them might make them expire sooner honestly. Just store them in a place without moisture and they should last months.

kurottabun
    Participant

Hmm I’ve not heard of anyone doing that. It would probably allow moisture to seep in though which like H&T said may make them go bad sooner.

I have Oxbow pellets and the bag is resealable. I fill up a separate airtight container with the pellets and use that to feed Kurotta everyday, while keeping the original bag sealed at all times until it’s time to refill the container again.

Butterscotch
    Participant

I store my pellets in an airtight container (a 25lb icing container that works gets and they give to me) and that works great!

LittlePuffyTail

I store mine in the fridge. I’ve read it helps the pellets stay fresher. Never heard about freezing them, though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.