Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Free Roam Bunnies

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • mochi
      Participant
      25 posts Send Private Message

Hi all!

I was thinking of adopting a rabbit in mid to late March! My bunny Thumper passed away almost a year ago and it shattered my heart. I’m finally feeling ready to open my heart to loving a new companion. I’ve made a post before with questions and got some good answers so I had another question to ask.

For those who have free roam rabbits… How does it work for you? I am not against having a bunny have full access to my room whether I’m home or not as long as it is something trustworthy.

I looked through the bunny proofing tips and found those very helpful, but I’d love to hear from others too! If I do adopt, I want to adopt a more mature rabbit from one of the local rescues. Hopefully a bun that is already fixed and litter-trained is my ideal! I’m just curious to see how free roam works out for everyone.

Thanks for any help!

• LBJ10
        16908 posts Send Private Message

I have a “bunny room”, no cage or condo. I’ve had good luck with using NIC grids to block off places like behind the desk, etc. There was the incident with the drywall, but I managed to stop the temptation to chew by covering the spot with cardboard. Heavy objects work well for dig spots. I like the 12 x 12 ceramic tiles. I just plop them down on top of the dig spot to prevent further digging.

• Butterscotch and Harry
          Participant
          7 posts Send Private Message

How has this been going for you?

I have two mini lops that are not so mini 🙂 I am in the process of free-roaming them. They have access to the living room, hallway way, kitchen and for special treat days the stairs and upstairs hallway. I have cardboard boxes randomly placed because that’s what Harry likes to chew the most so it helps with the “Bunny proofing”. But I still put them in cages overnight and when I know I will be away from home for an extended period of time for their safety and my rented home’s safety.

I would love to hear from folks that don’t cage their buns at all and see how they transitioned into that? What is their sleeping area like and what about when you have to be away from them for long periods of time?

Last night was the first time ever Butterscotch didn’t sleep in his cage, I thought it was really well, but he has no incisors so am not concerned about him chewing anything.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Free Roam Bunnies