Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Freakin fussy rabbit

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

Olivia is the fussiest rabbit I have ever seen!!! 

She’s shedding bad right now so I bought her some fresh pineapple. She gave it one sniff and never looked at it again. She also won’t eat bananas. It’s weird because these 2 things are Storm and Bindi’s faves!

Anyone else’s buns not like fruit? I’m thinking she may learn to like them if I keep offering. She will eat dried papaya but is not crazy for it like my other 2.  She reminds me of one of those little bratty kids who won’t eat anything.

• Bunnies4ever
        Participant
        368 posts Send Private Message

LittlePuffyTail, you are not alone! Two of my buns aren’t crazy about fruit either. They sniff at it and walk away. I’ve tried apples, strawberry tops, raisins, bananas, etc. My other two buns LOVE fruit and devour it!

They say to get a child to like a certain food, you have to try it about 4-5 times before they like it. After the 5th try, if they don’t like it, they never will. Maybe we should try that with our buns!

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

Since she’s never had it she probably has no clue how good it tastes.

Although I do know there are some rabbits who don’t have sweet tooths – what’s wrong with that LOL:~)

Pineapple can be a little tart I think too and fresh pineapple has a strong smell to it too – I like the smell but she may not.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

Keep offering-that’s my advice Mine take about four or five offers before they’ll eat something…Except my pleasantly plump Rupert-he’ll eat anything!!

• bunnytowne
              Participant
              7537 posts Send Private Message

have weird buns like that oooo. cotton will try it after a bit finds he likes it and when offered will eat it. Mister will eat anything offered always up for trying stuff.    Asad Dhahab won’t touch anything new for long long long time  except lettuce.

• Holly
                Participant
                371 posts Send Private Message

For things Holly sniffs and doesn’t seem to like, she will sniff it and then shake her body and run away from me. I tried to give her a little bit of strawberry. She sniffed it and then shaked her body as if to say yuck and hopped away. I tried it again. Same result. Rabbits are soooo funny.

• RabbitPam
                  11002 posts Send Private Message

Maybe Olivia would find a variety of greens or vegetables a treat instead. Have you given her mint? Does she refuse carrots? Just a slice as a sub for a fruit. I agree that not having a sweet tooth is ultimately a good thing. (Personally I hate pineapple and coconut, but love apples and bananas. I couldn’t tell you why.)

Has she settled into being at home, and has her regular food in a routine yet? Maybe the time away got her used to other things. How’s her appetite for hay and good pellets?

• Holly
                    Participant
                    371 posts Send Private Message

I just tried a tiny bit of pear. I got snubbed.

• rabbitsmba
                      Participant
                      475 posts Send Private Message

With the exception of banana, my guys aren’t crazy for fruit either. The only way they like it is if I dehydrate it – then they love it! Raisins, apple, pear, blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, currants and especially dehydrated apple sauce which ends up like a fruit roll up. They probably like it better because dehydrating it makes it sweeter….cheeky monkeys.

• LittlePuffyTail
                        18092 posts Send Private Message

Olivia is an absolute carrot nut so I guess she will get veggies for a treat instead.

I was waiting for her test results before switching her food. I’m moving her to my house tommorow and when she is settled she’s gonna be put on a reduced pellet/pellet switch diet.

• Annie Fann
                          Participant
                          83 posts Send Private Message

my buns love dried apple and raisins, but completely ignore banana. not sure why. i have to take notes with these guys so i know what to go buy. royalty demands so much!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Freakin fussy rabbit