Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Flower Petals

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • B&A
      Participant
      35 posts Send Private Message

Hi, 

I am just after a bit of advice regarding flower petal treats. One of my bunnies has what appears to be a very sensitive stomach. So they don’t get any treats like heavy vegetables or anything with soy, or that just generally look too manufactured. It’s just not worth it. I have been giving them flower petals recently though. I ordered the ‘tasty tortoise mix’ from Amazon. They absolutely love them. I can’t find any warnings online about limits though. Obviously it’s a treat. but does anyone know if they can be given daily or if it should be limited to once a week or something? It seems like a really good treat idea, not a heavy vegetable, light and natural, I’m just cautious about being a bit too enthusiastic with them and then realizing they’ve caused an major upset. Any words of warning? 

Thanks

• Dface
        Participant
        1084 posts Send Private Message

Everything in moderation with bunnies, but generally no. Petals contain very little substance for the most part so its hard to over feed them and cause gut problems.

Id say it is safe to feed them daily (as my sensitive tum bun eats flowers all he wants) and we’ve never had any issues with it.

• LBJ10
          16870 posts Send Private Message

I would say a little bit is safe to feed each day.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Flower Petals