Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Floppy just experience his first earthquake!!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Floppy
      Participant
      490 posts Send Private Message

we just had a 5.6 earthquake…anyone else in the bay area feel that?

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

sheesh… wildfires and earthquakes?!!?  i hope everyone is okay…

• Floppy
          Participant

wildfires is more down south….everything is ok though….that
            was more than a cow foot massage though! LOL

• Marie LaValle
            Participant
            29 posts Send Private Message

Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!  I’ve never been in an earthquake! You guys must be used to all of that! It makes me nervous! lol! My SIL lives in the bay area! I will have to talk to her about this one! lol!

Floppy must of wondered what in the heck was going on???????!!!!! lol!

(((Marie & Harley)))

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

in Ohio where we live, there is actually a small earthquake fault-line… but the worst we ever get is a small tremble about once every 5 years.  i couldn’t imagine a big earthquake, that would be too scary.  glad everything is okay tho.

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

I sure did Floppy! I was just about to clean the bunny room, when I heard what I thought was a huge truck coming down the street. I was thinking what is that – very deep low rumble, and then everything started shaking. It doesn’t shake as much as when I was on the top floor in the city. Less sway, so I felt much better being on the ground in our new home. I then went out the front door to see all of the neighbors standing in their front doors. We all looked at each other, gabbed a bit, and then shrugged our shoulders and went back inside.

I’m used to earthquakes, but you always get that…”uh oh, what if it’s going to be another BIG one” feeling, so it’s sort of that freeze moment. Bunnies didn’t even seem to notice a thing.

• osprey
                  Participant
                  2065 posts Send Private Message

That is funny that you mention a truck, BB, because my first thought was "Who’s getting a UPS delivery at 8 PM?"  As is usually the case with the earthquakes I’ve been in, it feels like the shaking goes on forever, even though it is only 20 seconds or so.  DJ and Deanna were in bed with the girls saying good night, they hardly even noticed the quake.  Curly Sue was by herself in the pen, and she seemed a little more jittery than usual.  The bottom line is no damage, no injuries to people or bunnies, so all is well.

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
                    Participant
                    319 posts Send Private Message

OH MY GOD!! I was so scared!! The first thing that came to my mind was ‘what do I do with my animals?????’ But luckly, there were no damages

• Deleted User
                      Participant
                      22064 posts Send Private Message

I felt it too. Buns didnt seem to care though. They experienced a big one in Berkeley this Summer that took out some store front windows and knocked over some of my display stuff.

• Sarita
                        Participant
                        18851 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad everyone is okay!

• Scarlet_Rose
                          Participant
                          4293 posts Send Private Message

Floppy you have me in stitches!!! The California cheese commercials are priceless. I too am glad that everyone is OK.  A big thing is to get the heck out especially if there is a natural gas leak.  You might want to conisder having crates on stand by to evacuate with your emergency kit.

Being in Colorado we have a few earth movements.  I get funny looks soemtimes about it, but hey, how do you think those big huge mountains to the west got there?  Two years ago when I was visiting wine country up in Cambria in Northern California, there was a 6.7 earthquake.  It was kind of spooky, it was early in the am and felt like I had one of those vibrating beds. LOL I thought, what the heck?  I didn’t think they had those since the 70’s! Then I realized it was an earthquake.

• Floppy
                            Participant

hahahaha thats hilarious! I think you’re the only one that understood my
                              cow foot massage comment! hahaha I loooove those California Cheese commercials!

• MarkBun
                              Participant
                              2842 posts Send Private Message

My Maryanne felt the earthquake and wasn’t too happy about it. I walked over to her cage and she was all hunkered down with her ears back. The funny thing is that when I got there it seemed like we were reassuring one another. Whenever I would talk to her, she would teeth-purr during the time I was speaking. I’d stop talking, she’d stop purring, I’d start up, she’d start up. This went on for 5 minutes.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Floppy just experience his first earthquake!!!