Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Flooring recommendations??

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Casper and Thumper
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

Hey guys I need some flooring recommendations. I have a bunny who lives in a large  Ex pen. The room he is in is carpeted. And it’s the only room we have space to have his pen in. We’re still working on his potty training so sometime he has accidents. He also likes to dig at the carpet. Currently  his floor is lined with an old blanket with a tarp underneath so no pee or spilt water can get on the carpet. It works fine but it’s kind of an eyesore and it’s also a hassle to clean when he does have an accident. I’ve looked into coroplast pans before but the way his pen is set up it’s hard to find anything like that that will fit correctly that isn’t super expensive. I was thinking about maybe finding some replacement dog crate plastic pans and see if I could get them to be the right shape (his pen is kind of in an L configuration). Does anyone have any recommendations for waterproof/water resistant flooring?

Picture is Cas the bunny on the bed:

• Wick & Fable
        5770 posts Send Private Message

I recommend the large carpet squares you can get at a hardware store. If carpet on carpet is too squishy, you can buy larger sheets of cloroplast or cardboard to lay down on the carpet first, and then put the squares on top.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

I use the vinyl flooring you can get cut to whatever size you want at the hardware store (it’s about 50 cents a sq foot, so pretty cheap!). It is slightly textured so my buns don’t seem to have trouble walking on it, but I do add a few blankets and mats on top as well. I also think it looks pretty nice, and they usually have a few color options so you can see what would look best in your home.

As long as you have the edge outside the pen they can’t really chew it, so it’s been working out great for me!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• lilamae
            Participant
            1 posts Send Private Message

I’ve found that all my local flooring stores have extra vinyl flooring, left over from oddly shaped rooms or something. They are typically more than happy to get rid of this, and you can call in to ask if they have any available that catches your eye. Nearly always free and you can select a piece that blends in to your carpet or decor. I would also suggest getting a piece slightly larger than your x-pen to accommodate spills.

On top of the vinyl, you could place puzzle mats or yoga mats; basically some sort of cushion to protect your bun’s sensitive hocks! And then on top of all of that, you can spread out some attractive fleece or, my favorite, a stretch of canvas that is very discreet and looks good with basically everything. You can probably find this online, I forget where I got mine but it may have been Home Depot or Lowe’s or a similar hardware store, and I believe it was reasonably priced. You can always get extra so that when one is being washed, there is always something available.

I like to secure the fabric to the pen with binder clips.

Hope this helped!

• Constance
              Participant
              1 posts Send Private Message

I use 2 types of products, a puzzle mat (easy to clean in case of accident) and an enclosure mat.

(Product links removed by Bam)

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Flooring recommendations??