Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A First Vet Visit

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Tay
      Participant
      105 posts Send Private Message

Charlie is approaching 5 months in February, so I want to get him to the vet for his first visit for the once over before he goes in around 6 months to be fixed. I feel like it might be a little early to bring him in but his nails really need to be cut and he won’t let me do it, so I’m thinking if I can get his nails cut and also get his check up in he’ll be all set for March when it’s time to be neutered. 

Charlie is terrified of EVERYTHING. I was away for a few days and he seems to be worse now than he was before I left. We have dogs but Charlie lives upstairs with me where he has no contact with the dogs. Today one was barking outside and he looked petrified – his eyes were wide and he was breathing really fast. He usually calms down with some company, but after seeing him today I’m afraid that putting him into the car and driving him a half hour both ways is going to be too much for him. 

I don’t want to rock his world, but I do want to get him to the vet so I can be sure he’s healthy and do the best I can for him. Any advice?

• Mikey
        Participant
        3186 posts Send Private Message

My Bombur has a hard time being around dogs, so the vet is often terrifying for him. We keep him in his crate and try to block out the sides with hand towels so he can only see from the front/door part. We also put his little bed in there with him. If a dog starts barking or whining, either my boyfriend or i will open the crate just enough that we can fit our hand in there to pet him as comfort. This usually helps a ton. To avoid freaking him out, we take the crate apart instead of pulling him out when the time comes to actually see the vet inside one of the rooms.

• Jessica
          Participant
          349 posts Send Private Message

I’d start working with him now so he knows his travel crate is a safe place, I leave Amelia’s out all the time and she’s in and out of it while she plays. That should help at least take away one scary new thing for him. Also ask the vet if there is a quiet time you can can bring Charlie in, just let them know that he is very afraid of dogs barking, there is a good chance they will bring you in a few minutes early so you can be in a room before the dogs start coming in

• Tay
            Participant
            105 posts Send Private Message

Thank you! I left his carrier in his room last night and he’s been laying/sleeping in it. We’re scheduled for an exam and nail clip at 10:30 tomorrow morning – wish us luck!

• Jessica
              Participant
              349 posts Send Private Message

Good luck!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A First Vet Visit