Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A first trip to the vet!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • laylalover
      Participant
      52 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone,

I eventually found a vet in Israel! And she’s anglo – which is a true gem find here! I spoke to her today, and she said I must bring layla in for a check up, and we’ll discuss having her spayed!!! i am a nervous wreck! but this has come at a great time, because layla is worrying me. She has become highly aggressive and very lethargic. she just sits and stares and i am very worried. she doesnt want any love or cuddles – which is very odd…so thank goodness we’re going to the vet tomorow!! wish me luck!

• laylalover
        Participant

did i mention i was nervous!?

• PeppersMama
          Participant
          391 posts Send Private Message

good luck! im sure everything will be fine! keep us updated!

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

Good luck!!!!

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

Good luck – so happy you found a vet. Sounds like Layla is going through puberty to me (I was the same way when I was a teenager).

Let us know how it goes.

• laylalover
                Participant

Wow! I am soooooooooooooo happy! The vet went REALLY well. not only was I put at ease, layla had a FANTASTIC time! she was loving the attention. no grumpiness or biting of the vet. and the vet Daniella, was wonderful. She explained the procedure to me, and told me she uses a reversible anasthetic, so if she sees Layla isnt responding well, she can reverse the affects and pull her out immediatley! she said that if she isnt feeling comfortable for any reaon, or if she sees layla unhappy then she stops straight away! she said layla’s back molar (the 3rd one) is longer than the other molar which could be causing her pain. so when they do the op they will check that too, and take urine samples to check everything is good there too! she wasnt able to get a great look at the back teeth (imagine your bunny with a torch in it’s mouth – they dont go aaaaaah very easily- hee hee) so thats wy she’ll do it before the op! so we’re going in on wednesday morning, (Daniella likes to do it in the morning to be able to moniter her the whole day) an dthey will give her a slow release anti-biotic so that all i have to give her is painkillers! so im feeling good and they were so sweet there, gushing at how gorgeous she is, how stunning her fur is (layla and lets not kid me too loved it!) they were even interested in my bunny stories, and were totally charmed by her (well who wouldnt be???) wow!! wednesday – pray fo rmy bun bun and ill keep you updated!)

• Sarita
                  Participant

That’s wonderful. You are lucky to have found such an informative and caring vet too. She sounds like she really knows her stuff.

Let us know how Layla does on Wed – I know you will be anxious all that day too.

• Beka27
                    Participant
                    16016 posts Send Private Message

i’m so pleased you found a good vet. i know you were having a hard time of it. as far as her mood changes, much of it is probably just her hormones. after the spay, things should be better.

• laylalover
                      Participant

So it’s Sunday and Layla goes in on wednesday – and I’m starting to look forward because Layla is peeing EVERYWHERE! Sh’es driving me nuts!! I have done soooo many loads of laundry i want to cry!! Oh layla…why???? And she just sits there, Queen of the world…aaaaaaaaaaaaaarg.

• kimberleyanddarren
                        Participant
                        2520 posts Send Private Message

do keep us posted! dont worry i know its nerve wracking but it will all be fine!

• laylalover
                          Participant

Tomorrow is the big day, and layla is blissfully unaware- bunny binking and flopping all over the house. I’m not too sure what has brought on this sudden good mood – could be the slight drop in temperature! oh boy…tomorrow,8.30 in the morning….

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                            Participant
                            12067 posts Send Private Message

Heheh ‘queen of the world’

I’m so happy you found such a GREAT vet!! That’s wonderful news! I bet your on the edge of your seat for this spay!!

• Beka27
                              Participant

good luck tomorrow!!!

• laylalover
                                Participant

YAY!
                                  ok, so i took layla in this morning, and after a while of pep talking to her, the vets are kinda just staring me, so i’m like, “oh…i’m supposed to leave at some stage right?” hee hee…i told her to be well behaved but if she felt the need she can pee on the table – which funnily enough she did! thats my girl i was so nervous, i went for a nap to while away the time, and juts dreamed about her over and over. eventually the phone rang and it was the vet! she said layla went under without a hitch! and she’s groggy, but doing well! she wasnt able to file down her teeth because she left that for last and layla was coming around, but she said the new grass hay i will be using will really be good for her teeth! sooooo, thats that! wow! a huge weight is off my shoulders…i just have to give her an anti-inflammatory, and pain killers. the dr gave her a slow release anti-biotic so i dont have to worry about that! and so in two hours i am off to pick her up – i cant waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! ill lt you all know how she is when she gets home! did i say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

• kimberleyanddarren
                                  Participant
                                  2520 posts Send Private Message

aww im so glad it all went well! i know its very nerve racking! keep us posted on her progress!

• Beka27
                                    Participant

oh good!!! that’s great to hear.

• laylalover
                                      Participant

oh yay! she’s happy and even eating which is a VERY good sign! her’es pics of here chilling under the bed eating parsley!!

193363742654.jpg
                                        193363750458.jpg
                                        193363758229.jpg
                                        193363766031.jpg
                                        193363775478.jpg

• Sarita
                                        Participant

That’s great. What a cutie she is.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A first trip to the vet!