Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE First time to a professional

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bladesmith
      Participant
      849 posts Send Private Message

I’ve always done the rabbits nails myself, or had my ex come and do them.  Well, my eyes can’t focus well enough to do Dawn’s little nails anymore, and I’m no longer on speaking terms with my ex, so today I’m taking her to the vet to have her nails done.  Only costs about 8 bucks  (pun intended), it’s a great deal and a lot easier on me.  Not sure how Demon Stealth Ninja Assassin bunneh Dawn is going to take it.

But I’m praying for the staff to survive.  

• Asriel and Bombur
        Participant
        1104 posts Send Private Message

hahaha love it xD

I’always go to the vet to get their nails trimmed. I’d rather have someone else deal with the hassle and have my boys hate them not me

Asriel always give them a hard time. One time we commented how behaved he was being… then five seconds later he kicked the vet in the forehead and tried to jump off her shoulders. She caught him, and brought Major Tom back to earth, but it was a bit scary. Now I think it’s just hilarious.

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

Yes, I’d only disclose that you call her Demon Stealth Ninja Assassin IF she gives them trouble. Otherwise she act like a Angel just to embarrass you.

But, totally up to you!

Hope it goes well. : )

• Bladesmith
            Participant
            849 posts Send Private Message

It all went VERY well.  I did tell them her full name, and they were all, “Aww, she’s so tiny and cute and adorable!”  And then she lunged for the tech, boxing and grunting and scared the crap out of her.  Clipping her nails (With me holding her) took only second without so much as a hint of blood.

BONUS!!!  Whilst discussing my pets with one of the vet techs, I discovered that she had adopted my ex wifes Macaw, Noel! My daughter and I LOVED Noel, but couldn’t take her in when my ex decided to get rid of her.   Long story short, my ex “rescued” the Macaw, kept her for a while, then, as she does, got tired of the work and hassle of owning a large parrot, and SOLD her to a pet shop.  Well, the daughter of the pet shop owners (The aforementioned vet tech) fell in love with Noel at first sight, took her home, and they’re happy as clams.  Noel now has her own bedroom, run of the house ,wanders all over freely, and is clearly deeply loved.  She has a good home, and couldn’t be happier.  This pleases me.

The tech has said that when she brings Noel to work one day, she’ll call us and we can go and visit with Noel, and see if she remembers us.  It’ll be interesting, because Noel HATES men, except for me.  She hated my exes new husband, her step son, and every man she’s ever met.  Anytime I baby sat her or visited, she’d fly across the room to land on me and wouldn’t get off except to go to my daughter.

I look forward to seeing her.  Great day!!

• Bunny House
              Participant
              1241 posts Send Private Message

Haha, sweet then sour in this case!! Such a tiny world! I bet she is living her best life there, even though she was given up to a bad place, glad she rescued her and not someone else. Hopefully you’ll be able to see her soon and see how she reacts!

• Bam
                16877 posts Send Private Message

That is so lovely, both about the little Ninja’s successful nail clipping, and about Noel, Bladesmith!

• pinknfwuffy
                  Participant
                  660 posts Send Private Message

Awe, yay! Success. So glad to hear Dawn had a fruitful manicure and you got some happy news about Noel. What a lovely story for all of you.

Dramatic Mr. Olaf can’t handle anything so his nail trimmings involve a lot of failed coercion and me wearing a headband with parsley stuck in it.

• jerseygirl
                    22345 posts Send Private Message

Ahh, happy story! And so  t you found Noel again at this time of year.    I hope Dawn hasn’t been giving you too much nethie butt since the visit. Im sure she is enjoying results of her mani-pedi.

Maybe Miss Stealth Ninja is stealthy in other ways… she faked this whole nail drama thing to get you to that particular clinic.  

@pinknfwuffy, I forgot about the parsley headband!    You should patent that thing. 

• Q8bunny
                      Participant
                      6345 posts Send Private Message

Such a happy thread! We tried the at home mani pedi and it was always a traumatic epic fail. The vet’s is reasonably priced and a dream!

You must tell us how your visit with Noel goes when you get the invite

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE First time to a professional