Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING First time bonding advice!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • keara2000
      Participant
      11 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone!

I am attempting a bond for the first time, i’m about 6 weeks in and things are going relatively well considering my first buns temperament towards most people/animals!

Apple was my first, she is 1.5 and F, Cookie is my new addition, he’s about 9 months and M. (both fixed)

We are at a weird intermediate stage, and I am just wondering if anyone has any good advice about how I can help progress the bond along.

We do sessions twice a day. I have found the most successful sessions are ones where I put a giant box of hay on the floor and they both snack side by side peacefully for 20ish minutes. Apple is tolerant of Cookie, but does not like when he comes and sniffs her face. Cookie gets bored of the hay eventually and just wants to sniff his friend and probably give her kisses (he has kissed her nose a couple of times through the x-pen), but whenever he gets up in Apples face she gets annoyed and grunts and occasionally paws at Cookie, which makes him get angry and leads to a bunny scuffle.

Do I just need to let them continue this pattern until they figure it out? Or should I be mildly attempting to prevent Cookie from getting in Apples face? Is there anything I can do to try and prevent apple from getting upset when Cookie is close to her?

I know bonding is a timely process, but if anyone has any tips that would help them along I would much appreciate it!!

thanks everyone 🙂

• Wick & Fable
        5782 posts Send Private Message

Hi Keara! We are happy to provide information and suggestions. On the plus side, the fact that there isn’t immediate aggression and they are able to eat side by side is a positive sign.

There is a Bonding template with questions that would be helpful for you to answer in a reply. It will give people more information!: https://binkybunny.com/forums/topic/bonding-template-read-me-for-bonding-help/

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING First time bonding advice!