Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR First nipping…NOW…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Thumpers_Mom
      Participant
      171 posts Send Private Message

Thumper is peeing all over the place! He was doing sooo well after his neuter.  I am not sure if he is just angry at me for being away or what? :ponder:

He doesn’t like it when I am away for long periods of time and he has made this known. Before, he used to nip at charge at me for 3 hrs till he got over me being at work and school all day. However, he is never alone for that long. My boys are with him after 3pm. Well, this week, he’s not nipping and charging at me but now I am wondering if he is showing his discontent with me by peeing all over the place again. :foreheadsmack: I gave him a time out but it is beyond me how to handle this behavior. 

Please HELP!

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

He is quite the opinionated rabbit! When you say he is peeing all over the place – is it all over the house or just in his house (unless he has free roam).

• Thumpers_Mom
          Participant

I think opinionated is an understatement… He’s got quiet the ATTITUDE…I might just change his name to Ttude!!! LOL…

In his cage, he only pees in his litter box. Lately, he has peed on the couch, the floor of the pen and on me!  Other than that, he behavior is no different.  He eats and poops just fine and is playfull too.

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

How long were you away? Sometimes when we go on vacation, we come back not smelling like ourselves as much as they are used to. Have you changed shampoos, lotions or pefumes lately? Have you been around any other animals?

• Thumpers_Mom
              Participant

I’ve just been away during the day. Nothing has changed as far as shampoos, lotions and such. I let him out after he spent the day in his cage and lo and behold, NO more peeing. Yesterday, he was relaxed on the couch with me for a good hr and a half and no peeing. I really think it might have been a territorial thing even after his neuter.

The vet said he should be right around 9 months so could it be possible that he is going through puberty even though he is already neutered?

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

hmm – well it seems like it takes about a month after a neuter for those hormones to calm down. But he shouldn’t still be going through major puberty issues after that point.

• Thumpers_Mom
                  Participant

That’s what I thought. On Sat. night, the little bugger got a hold of my lip and boy did that hurt! No blood though. I think it had to do with the oreo I had just eaten. I immediately put him on time out again and when he was let out on Sun. and Mon., he has been great. No peeing or nipping. I just hope that this continues.

• Gravehearted
                    Participant
                    2428 posts Send Private Message

ooo I really hope Thumper’s turned over new leaf and they won’t be more problems.

ouch on the lip! it really might have been the oreo, though!
                      our bunnies sometimes nip when my finger smells like a treat, but it’s pretty obvious that it’s not on purpose. If someone nips me – I’ll make a high pitched squeal, since this tells them it hurts.

• Thumpers_Mom
                      Participant

I truly hope he has…After the lip incident, he has been ever so careful taking food and treats…I do the high pitched squeal thing too! He used to lunge and catch fingers while trying to get a papaya tablet and now he walks up slowly and sniffs. 

Again, no more peeing incidents since Fri. so we are doing good. He really is such a sweetheart! I hate when the work/school week begins and I don’t get to spend as much time with him as I do on the weekends.  I think he is getting used to the schedule.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR First nipping…NOW…