Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE First Dandies of the Year!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • MimzMum
      Participant
      8029 posts Send Private Message

I took a little lap around the yard this afternoon and BEHOLD! Dandelions popping up in the grass over our well! xD So of course I went and picked some, some leaves and some timothy and took them to the buns to treat them.

Mimzy’s had them before. Normally he leaps up for them. But when I put them in his bowl, he just looks at me like, “What’s this? Second rate chow?”

Pip, of course, being a petstore bun, had no clue whatsoever. She kind of sniffed at my offering and looked at me like, “What? You expect me to EAT this??”

lolz…Eventually the food disappeared, but I have no idea whether it was appreciated or not. :-/ I can see this will take a little convincing on my part. ^_^

• ScooterandAnnette
        Participant
        1090 posts Send Private Message

How long before you noticed it was gone? If it was overnight, they might not care much for it. Our bunnies will reluctantly eat celery, and it takes that long for it to go away. Any earlier, and they may grow to like it. Bailey didn’t like broccoli initially, and Reno didn’t like bananas, but now they will both wolf it down.

• MimzMum
          Participant

Ah no, nowhere near that long. Probably 15-20 minutes max. ^_^
            The person who owned our place before us had horses, so there’s hayseed all over the yard. We grow the nicest grass, and of course, dandies grow like…well…weeds! xD
            I am looking forward to seeing Pip’s reaction to plantain. Mimzy loves it. He ate nothing but that and the yard grass and the dandies last year, with a few veggies to boot. (Luckily no pesticides in our garden!) But I will still have to purchase Binky hay for them, I’m sure. They’ve all but given up on store bought hay. :-/ Unless I want to start growing it and putting it up myself, which I don’t I’m afraid.

• Floppy
            Participant
            490 posts Send Private Message

i wish I had dandelion just growing in my yard!

• Alicia Conklin
              Participant
              721 posts Send Private Message

me too Floppy!  Well..I do but it’s sprayed with pesticides because I live in a condo so he can’t eat that

• babybunsmum
                Participant
                3896 posts Send Private Message

ah yes… the pretty yellow lawn flowers.  lol.  i need to harvest some soon before they take over the lawn.  i don’t use pesticides & neither do my neighbors.  just use the old ‘dig em up’ method which means i always have plenty!   too bad it’s not safe to leave the buns out to graze on them

• MimzMum
                  Participant

I know I have to consider doing some outside time (strictly supervised of course) but I’m kind of waiting for the rest of the yard to bloom.
                    They remember the grass and the dandies now. BOY do they love them! ^_^

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

Scooter and Annette, have you ever found dandelions for sale in Edmonton? I haven’t but I want some!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE First Dandies of the Year!