Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Finding it hard to move on, how to help widowed bun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lemony
      Participant
      32 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone, my rabbit Luna passed a week ago tomorrow and I’m still a near wreck every day. Everything reminds me of her and I don’t like working at my desk without her laying at my feet like she used to 🙁

As the title mentions, she leaves behind a bonded bun Leo. He’s doing great which I am thankful for. I bonded them a year ago and Luna was always the cuddly one while Leo really would only ever tolerate head scritches while cuddling with Luna. Now Leo is still binkying, flopping, and zooming every day but still has that “don’t you dare touch me” personality. Now that Luna is gone I’m unsure how to give him what he needs, is it just stimulating toys/activities? He has free roam throughout the day, I just want to make sure he’s not bored now that he doesn’t have any one to cuddle and groom and he runs away from humans

I only had Luna for 2.5 years, never knew her age as she came in to a rescue as an adult stray, I just really thought I had more time with her and I’m so devastated.

Leo is about 2, I’m still unsure about trying to bond him with another bun I think it’s too early (for me not him lol)

Sorry about all the directions this post went, from sad to advice seeking. Thanks to any who are reading 🙂

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I am so sorry for you! <3 It’s fine to cry, get it all out, scream it to the stars, it’s normal, it’s good. But don’t grieve forever.  Look through old pictures or videos of her, smile at the good times you’ve had with her. I know, we all always want more happy memories to have with them, alas, we can’t. Know though, that she is with you, watching over you, helping to guide you through the journey you set out here to accomplish. She doesn’t want to look down and see you distraught over her loss, that isn’t how she wants you to honor her. The best way to make sure she rests peacefully over the bridge is to smile, to laugh, and too be happy.

I don’t think that you’ll have to do anything for Leo, he seems well and good, blinking, and zooming, I think he knows she is watching over him, so he can be happy. You can, too.

We are ALWAYS here for you, do NOT feel as though you are alone, reach out if you need support, a shoulder to cry on, or even just a friend to make you smile, we are here for you always. 🙂 Wishing love and happiness your way! <3

(((((((((((Binky free sweet little Luna))))))))))))))))

• Lemony
          Participant
          32 posts Send Private Message

Thank you so much 🙂 I really am glad Leo is doing so well, he’s always been such a strong bun. We’ll keep doing what we can here and hopefully it gets easier soon. We’ve been sharing lots of memories of Luna and laughing at all her antics.

Thank you again <3

• prince dorian the bun
            Participant
            743 posts Send Private Message

A week is no time at all, give yourself space to grieve and try to focus on remembering all the wonderful things about her.  I have no advice for a grieving bonded rabbit, but it sounds like Leo is doing okay and hopefully he can help you with your grief and you two can have a bond of your memories of Luna.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Finding it hard to move on, how to help widowed bun