Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Feeding Time ??

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • Thumpers_Mom
      Participant
      171 posts Send Private Message

Are buns supposed ot have anything other than hay and water available for them over night?  Thumper always has access to hay and water. He’ll get his pellets at 7am, at 3pm, he gets about a cup of greens and later in the evening, he’ll get more greens and a treat.

Thing is that in the morning when I go give him his pellets…he goes wild and seems sooo hungry! I just want to make sure that he is not going hungry over night.

• wendyzski
        Participant
        1312 posts Send Private Message

Bunnies will always do their best to convince you that they are staaaaaaarving!

Hay and water overnight is fine, as long as they get the rest of their proper diet during the daytime.

• Bunnies4ever
          Participant
          368 posts Send Private Message

I agree with wendyzski. My two bunnies are always looking like they are hungry! At first I was giving into them until I realized I was feeding them way too much! It’s hard sometime, but you can’t give into temptation. You just have to resist their cute little fuzzy faces! It’ll be better for them in the long-run. They won’t be overweight!

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

I totally agree too! Bunnies are masters at giving the sad, soul eyed look that makes you think that they are just going to wither away without a morsel of goodie to eat. Hay and water is ample and really, pellets are “treat-like” so they go at it like piggies. You’re doing just fine. Stay strong and no further goodies are necessary. : )

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

my bunnies get big handsful of hay before bedtime.  they even dance for that 🙂

i actually love the breakfast dance, it tells me my buns are feeling well 🙂 my hubby challenges them – whoever gives the most enthusiastic dance gets breakfast pellets first 😀

• Thumpers_Mom
                Participant

Thx! I feel sooo much better now that I know this is pretty normal. :o) He’s been going wacky for food a lot more since he had his surgery. He is a funny little fella.

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant

Awe how cute Thumpers Mom! Yep, you’re doing wonderful and Thumper is 100% normal.

Gravehearted, I agree, if my two don’t do a flying mighty-mouse leap out of the cage followed by the “breakfast dance” in the morning with a nudge, that would tell me they weren’t feeling well. I use it as my “bunny barometer” too.

• Thumpers_Mom
                    Participant

Last night Thumper was out of control! No one could eat anything with out him jumping on top of them to get the food!   He was never like that before. He seems to be getting more aggresive after his neuter. 

This morning was much better though  so that made me very happy…I love that little rascal.

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant

Sorry I have bunny amnesia, when was he neutered?  It could be that the hormones haven’t worn off yet.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                        Participant
                        2517 posts Send Private Message

Unrelated, but Thumper’s Mom – you new avatar is adorable.

• Thumpers_Mom
                          Participant

Scarlet Rose –  He was neutered last sat. I know it takes some time for the hormones to subside, it is just that he wasn’t that aggresive before the surgery. 

Yesterday, I went to target to get the cubes to make him a pen for when I am out of the house.  It was on sale for $12. As I was figuring out how to put it together, he was just hopping happily along nudging me…no biting!

digxmexnow – Thx!  i think that is the only pic I have of me holding him!  I must try to get more.

• Scarlet_Rose
                            Participant

Hmm, odd.  Did you have any particular smell in the clothing maybe?  How long was he gone from home for the surgery?  He may be trying to re-establish his territory.  How is the NIC cage going? You’ll have to post pictures!

• Thumpers_Mom
                              Participant

He is an odd fella. he is actually much better now. I’m not building a NIC cage yet…I’m just using it for a run for right now…when I do build a new home for thumpy, I will definitely post pics.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                Participant

Oh good! I think you’ll find that every bunny has their quirks and Thumper is no exception.  Ah I see, let us know when you build your NIC cage, remember lots of zip ties!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Feeding Time ??