Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE February chat

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ellie from The Netherlands
      Participant
      2512 posts Send Private Message

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit!

I’ve got some good news to kick off this month: my friend has been so lucky and her rabbits aren’t fighting anymore! I was afraid that it was all going to end in disaster when the shelter made a mistake.

She sent her boy to a shelter to get bonded, but they bonded him to an unspayed girl (?!!!). The shelter worker said that she had been spayed, but my friend doubted that when she took them home and the girl was constantly mounting her boy quite aggressively.

The rabbits apparently fought out their differences, and they’re both more relaxed. It was confirmed that the girl was still intact, but she will be spayed in 2 weeks. After some scuffles the boy came out as the dominant rabbit, and he’s doing really well.

He used to be such a shy and withdrawn lad, because he had a very domineering bunwife. Now that he’s top bunny he’s suddenly adventurous and cuddly. My friend is overjoyed that she can finally cuddle him and that he even hops onto the sofa now. I’m so happy for her, because I was afraid that she had gotten a problem rabbit for the third time. I hope that the newlyweds will stay happy ^_^

More good news: Owen has discovered sofa snuggles! I’ve missed it so, because Breintje did little else than laying next to me on the sofa as I worked.

Owen is young, so he doesn’t stay in one place for long, but occasionally he’ll lay down for some minutes of warm cuddly bliss. I had a pretty rough day today, because my muscles and joints were acting up. As soon as I asked into the living room and sat on the sofa, Owen sat down next to me to be petted. Normally he’s way too bouncy to sit still in the morning, but now he allowed me to pet him. In the afternoon he laid down for 20 minutes, snug in a blankie ^_^

• Bladesmith
        Participant
        849 posts Send Private Message

Loki’s Belleh,  Loki’s Belleh,  Loki’s Belleh!

Since Dawn’s passing, Loku has gotten a little more affectionate.  I know I’m a poor substitute, but I spend a half hour last night giving him head rubs and scritches.  I wasn’t allowed to stop.

Also, in the background, you can seen the new bike someone dumped in the “giveaway zone” next to the dumpster.  26″ mountain bike, retails for almost $250 at Wally World.  Needs some work, (Tires, chain, rear brakes, front brake pads, new handle grips), but it shouldn’t be much to fix up, and lo!  New bike for moi!

Note: Can’t post a pic for some reason.

• ParsleyBun
          Participant
          119 posts Send Private Message

Parsley will now eat only the Aldi brand cilantro but not the Food Lion brand…… 🙄

• jerseygirl
              22345 posts Send Private Message

Haha. 😄 Rabbits are funny.

I think the secret is… keep offering the snubbed alternative.

Ive been lamenting the lack of willow in my area. I use to have a few good trees I could get it from but the local council keeps taking them out.  I finally found a small amount recently and thought the buns would go crazy for it since they hadn’t had it for so long. They accepted it but got bored quickly. 🙄 I have noticed they’ve polished it off more quickly when offered 2nd & 3rd time. Although that could be because it’s drier and more crunchy. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• ParsleyBun
                Participant
                119 posts Send Private Message

ahhhh these picky buns!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙄

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE February chat