Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE February Chat!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
    • DanaNM
      8935 posts Send Private Message

January came and went, how’s everybun doing?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Moonlightbunny66
        Participant
        694 posts Send Private Message

Well it’s been pretty up and down, as you know! Lol! Just getting excited for Pinky’s supposed birthday this month! 🎉  He’ll be two! Sad that they grow up but maybe as he gets older he’ll be less inclined to eat my things. 🥲

How’s it going with all your buns DanaNM?

• DanaNM

My four are doing well, still living as 2 pairs. Other than still dealing with some marking from the boys it’s going fine! Thankfully they mostly seem to pee on the vinyl, so clean up isn’t too exhausting. Everyone is molting up a storm right now, BJ looks like he got attacked by a weed whacker! I just swapped who was out at what time, and I think they like it more. Back before I had Cooper, I would always let Bonnie out at night. But then recently I was letting her and Coop out during the day, and was barely getting to give Bonnie any attention (she would mostly just sleep in her condo during that time). But since switching she is much more social and has been coming over to get pets in the evenings. Plus I don’t have to deal with Coop nipping my feet while I’m working!

We also just secured a new apartment in MA, starting in March! So then I will get to decide whether to try for the quad again (we are going to drive most likely… so that will be a loonggg car ride and might bond them for me), or keep it as the pairs. In part I think I’ll make that decision based on whether I’m going to Norway or not… it is all up in the air still as Norway just locked down their border again. :-/

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
            16907 posts Send Private Message

I was wondering about that Dana. My guess is a lot of countries aren’t going to be letting people in for a long time.

Ugh… it was above average for most of December and January. I was getting used to going for walks around the neighborhood. Then it snowed. A lot. And now it’s going to be COLD. Really COLD. Single digit highs, below zero lows. They keep talking snow too. Now I’m sad. 🙁  I hope our local groundhog was right about an early spring. I know Phil thinks it will be 6 more weeks.

• DanaNM

That’s my sense too… I will be very surprised if they still allow me to come in an reasonable time frame (I can’t say I blame them)! They said the initial closure was for 2 weeks, but of course they can extend it, and who knows what that will mean for my pending residency permit.

The temps here in S CA have been all over the map. One week it’s in the 80s during the day, then a week later we’re all bundled up as it was getting into the 30s and it snowed on the mountains near us, and then today it was t-shirt weather again. Cue the poor bunnies having insane molts!

• Susanne
                Participant
                419 posts Send Private Message

I’m not sure I’m following but Dana if moving good luck! I just did a few months ago and it was not a good experience. :0  If going to Norway are you bringing rabbits in the airplane?   Also very cool to have 2 pairs and maybe try a quad, I’d like to hear about that.  I may get a third, but I want to find out if I’ll be working from home past COVID or not before I make a decision. Another molting creature does sound exhausting. (Hard to imagine 4!).

• DanaNM

Thank you! If I got to Norway the buns won’t be coming with me, they’ll stay with my husband. But either way we are moving cross country in early March… I am not looking forward to traveling with 4 bunnies, a cat, and a gecko! I think we are going to have to rent a van and drive, but I’m really worried about how Bun Jovi (who is 12) will handle that long of a trip because I think it will probably take us 5 days to get there… It just seems like with this many pets and covid risks flying isn’t really going to be a good option as we would have to make multiple trips.  When we moved recently (just a four hour drive) they all did OK, but BJ got a little dehydrated. I do have fluids though so I think if I make sure to give them fluids they will be OK?

• Susanne
                    Participant

Wow that is a major move! My rabbits hate the car, but Elmer starts to relax if on my lap. A 5 day I think they would adapt (mine have been more adaptable to things than I have expected) but I’d be worried too since even 4 hour trip would be much different. Hopefully having fluids with you will prevent any dehydration. I’m sure you’ll make them comfortable enough to be tolerable!  How is the cat with them?  Aww Bun Jovi is a little old man bunny. I hope mine make it that long. Cool your husband can hold the fort down if you go to Norway!

• DanaNM

Yes I think we are going to rent a van so we have lots of space for crates and good AC! I think they will be ok… bunnies are far more adaptable creatures than we sometimes give them credit for!

My cat ignores them for the most part. Sometimes he tries to eat their hay and they chase him off, or he’ll do that thing where he lays down and then lazily kind of swipes at them? Usually they run him off when he does that, they have not patience for his shenanigans lol.

And yes I’m very lucky that my husband loves the pets as much as I do! I’ve been doing all the pet chores for the past few months to try to stockpile chore karma since normally we split the tasks.

And yes BJ is my little grandpa! He just had a check up and the vet said he is in “remarkable” health, so he’s still going strong!

• Susanne
                        Participant

I’ve been wondering if the average life span of rabbits would be higher of only people who care for them properly are included.

I hope the move goes well, keep us posted. A big van and everyone together will hopefully be enough to keep it bearable for everyone.

My cat did those things too! He would act like he wanted to try and bond with Elmer (even tried to eat hay too haha), just to swipe at him if he got toooo close. Eventually the chasing worried me (plus Elmer was getting interupted during zoomies) so my friend adopted him. It worked out for everyone 🙂

• Louiethebunny
                          Participant
                          603 posts Send Private Message

Ahh! Can’t believe it’s Feb already! Today was Louie and Lola’s first vet visit as part of our family, and I’m happy to say it went wonderfully and both are healthy! Due to covid, I couldn’t go in the clinic, but the vet said they were very well behaved and weren’t too nervous. A big yay for healthy bunnies!!

• Moonlightbunny66
                            Participant

DanaNM one of my cats also steals their hay! Sometimes even tries to go in their pen while they’re sleeping just so he can get the hay. He’s obsessed with grass and plants and sticks… I wish you luck with your long road trip! I think some relaxing stops with wet greens and water should help. Do you plan on making stops at hotels to rest? That could help, depending on the rabbits personalities. That way they could have some rest for a night and munch on hay. And the cat can stretch its legs. Either way, I hope it goes well!

Louiethebunny yayyy! Glad they’re doing well! It always stresses me out while I’m waiting in the car and the buns are in the clinic!

• Susanne
                              Participant

Yay for healthy bunnies!

• DanaNM

Thanks! We are planning to stop at motels along the way. Apparently La Quinta Inn’s are pet friendly? So I think the plan is to drive for a full day each day, then rest for the evenings. I’ve been told the best way is just to put the buns in the bathroom so they can hop around a bit and not damage anything. Hoping we could make the trip in about 5 days? I am worried about Bun Jovi, but I think he will get used to it and be OK… thankfully I have some fluids and other first aid supplies if any of them has issues.

• Moonlightbunny66
                                  Participant

DanaNM oh good!! Of course you’re prepared, you’re super caring of your animals! I would be worried about him too, I think if you keep a calm environment he should be alright (as usual). I’ve heard you should block off behind the toilet so they don’t get stuck there. You may already know this. It might depend on how small the space is back there. And just make sure they can’t get into any of those free soaps lol!

I would also choose driving over a plane for my pets, that’s just too scary and stressful (especially with covid). At least in the car you have control over the situation and can get to a vet if needed. I plan on doing the same thing when I move some day. They’re also more familiar with being in a car rather than a plane and all the airport noises and hundreds of people talking and walking by. It must be terrifying in most situations to be a little bunny! As long as everyone is eating and drinking, it’ll be okay!

• Susanne
                                    Participant

It seems like everyday my buns do something silly. This morning Ruby chased Elmer, did a mini binky right before getting to him then went by. I think she is trying to get him to play chase, but he just sits there. She tried again, and he looked right at her and said “NO!” (Thump). It seemed to escalate a little but they calmed down. Poor thing, she wants to play with him so bad!

Then later he was eating a piece of hay and it was poking her in the face. She flinched a few times, then finally took it from him and ate it herself 😆

• Deleted User
                                      Participant
                                      22064 posts Send Private Message

My Henry is still going well. Just wondering how my other friends are going re: COVID 19 along with the snow storms I’m hearing about….

Cheers, Andi.

• Bam
                                          16875 posts Send Private Message

💗💗💗

Hi Andi!!! Lovely to hear from you and Henry! So glad to hear he’s still going well!

We’ve started a 3rd wave of Covid here, which is sad. Me and my family have luckily been well so far.

My sweet Bam left us in August 2018 and my Effi in September 2019.

I have a very fluffy bun named Vilde, here’s a picture of him:

💗

• Deleted User
                                          Participant

Oh bam, thank you for the warm welcome. I tried to have a sticky to see if I knew anyone…. Just you, LBJ and Mr & Mrs Binky Bunny – giggle!

Gosh, I’m so sorry bam. I can’t imagine your grief. All this time later, it saddens my heart.
                                            Is it ok to say you’re new bunny is making me very happy – HUGE smile!
                                            Super happy to know you’re doing sorta ok with COVID 19 and the winter weather your side of the world.

I hope those I still love are doing ok too!

• Deleted User
                                            Participant

BTW…. am I right?
                                              ONLY ‘1’ page for the February CHAT thread so far???

I’d like to know if I’ve missed a few pages please. Ta!

• Hazel
                                              Participant
                                              2587 posts Send Private Message

ANDIIIIII!!!!!!! 😀  You’re back! You silly goose, what took you so long??? 😛  We missed you! As you’ve already noticed, the chat thread is in dire need of your help. 😉

So glad to hear that you and Henry are doing well! How’s Blair?

• Deleted User
                                                Participant

Oh gosh Hazel, WOW! I hope the world is treating you well. We are all doing great, especially Blair (as always). Thank you. HUGE smile….

• Hazel
                                                  Participant
                                                  2587 posts Send Private Message

Doing well for the most part, thank you. We lost Bubbles two days before Christmas unfortunately. 😥

Glad Blair is well, I know he and Henry keep you on your toes! 🙂

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE February Chat!