Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Eye Booger

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunny5323
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

My bunny Donald is 2 but I got him from a friend of a friend a few months ago. He had a small mucus like eye booger and I wiped it but noticed the corer or his eye is red. Is this something serious? i attached a photo but not sure how well you can tell  

• GlennTheLionhead
        Participant
        361 posts Send Private Message

Hey!

His eye looks clean and pretty normal to me in that photo but I’m not a vet.

One of my rabbits has gotten sleepy eye dust pretty much his whole life but it’s never wet or yellowy mucus it’s always just a tiny bit of dried eye sand… A bit like we get when we wake up in the morning. So I do think bunnies get eye sand like we do. I would probably be more concerned if it was moist and returning after I’ve wiped it, if it is true discharge it is usually a symptom of a problem such as a respiratory infection or tooth issue.

Is he showing other symptoms? Lack of appetite, not pooping, tired?

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

A little bit of sleep in the eyes now and then is normal. I would only be worried if you notice a continuous/runny discharge or if the fur under the eye is wet.

• Bam
            16877 posts Send Private Message

You can rinse the eye with saline or eye wash for humans in case sth is stuck, like a hair or some hay chaff. An eye booger now and then is not a big deal, but if it gets worse (a crust forming, causing the eyelids to stick together, more extensive redness of the white of the eye etc), there could be an eye infection. Take care not to wipe both eyes with the same piece of cloth/compress, because an eye infection can otherwise be transferred to the other eye as well.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Eye Booger