Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Exercise pen – is the gap too large?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Amber
      Participant
      19 posts Send Private Message

I bought an exercise pen for my rabbit. She’s about 5-5.5 pounds in weight. I believe she is a Havana rabbit. The pen has vertical bars that are 1.75 inches apart. Her head seems to be bigger than the bars, but I’m worried she’ll still be able to squeeze through or get stuck.

Does anyone have any feedback on this or suggestions? This is the pen that I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0758FQTV7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_WTMSPJRXADRQTT8VJSFT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• LittleLionMan
        Participant
        133 posts Send Private Message

My buns are around 3lbs and 5lbs (on a good day)  and are not able to stick their heads entirely through the xpen bars. The gap really isn’t *that* big. My currently chubby lionhead was only able to stick his head through as a baby, but he was also so tiny that he couldn’t get in and out of the pen without makeshift steps (so crazy to think about now)! My dainty lop also can’t get through beyond her nose.

if I’m thinking of the right bun, Havana’s have a pretty narrow snout. While their heads seems squishy and small, their skull is a bit wider around her eyes/cheeks. so she maybe able to stick her nose through but not her whole head. In my experience, they more try to chew through the bars than anything else, which is SO effective 😂

All that said, if you’re concerned you can always get NIC grids to go across the bottom!

• Amber
            Participant
            19 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for your reply! After reading it, I brought the pen over and tried giving her a treat through it. You were right, she could fit her little nose through it but got stuck at her eyes, and she was really pushing at the bars trying to go for that treat haha!

Honestly, I’m not sure why I didn’t just try that in the first place lol 😳

Thanks again!

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Exercise pen – is the gap too large?