Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Everyone meet…. Lola!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
    • Louiethebunny
      Participant
      603 posts Send Private Message

We took Louie for some speed dates at a rescue, and this sweet girl was who the owner paired us with to start. Little did we know we would be taking her home! She was part of a rabbit colony that was found out by a road, and her sister who she was paired with before unfortunately didn’t make it through surgery. She was very calm and consistently tried to get attention from Louie, but he was nervous and stressed from the ride, so he wasn’t feeling it at first, but by the end, they were both cuddled up together. She is a big girl, bigger than Louie by some, and they are about the same age. Her old name was Cheddar, but I think Lola suits her better. She has gorgeous brown eyes and a gorgeous coat!

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Awwwww she’s beautiful! Congrats and welcome home Lola!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• HipHopBunny
          Participant
          640 posts Send Private Message

@Louiethebunny

OMG! Lola is absolutely perfect for Louie! I am so happy for you! And I love the name, Lola is elegant, strong, and adorable, just like she is! 🙂 I am so happy that the speed dates went well and that you found a great bunny for him!

Wishing you a very easy bond!

• HipHopBunny
            Participant

Sorry it is @Louie+Lola

• Louiethebunny
              Participant

Thanks guys! I’m trying to change my name but it’s kinda weird, Louie+Lola shows up weird, so I’ll just keep louiethebunny for now 😀

• Reesebun
                Participant
                1034 posts Send Private Message

Aww, Lola is adorable! Congrats!
                  I bet Louie and Lola’s theme song is “Lola” by the Kinks, it’s like Louie is singing it to her haha

• Hazel
                  Participant
                  2587 posts Send Private Message

Just make it Loula! (or Lolie?) 😉

She’s adorable, congrats!

• Louiethebunny
                    Participant

Another photo of the lovely Lola! A few things I learned about her, she’s very outgoing, she came out and hopped and sniffed and tried to play with me today, Louie needed a few days to chill out when we brought him home. She also doesn’t like bananas! Hard to believe! She loves apples though.

• Moonlightbunny66
                      Participant
                      694 posts Send Private Message

Omg she’s so adorable! She looks happy to have a new home. 🙂

• HipHopBunny
                        Participant

Oh, she is beautiful! Very good qualities to have that you listed. She and Louie will get along great! 🙂

• Sonn
                          Participant
                          1810 posts Send Private Message

OMG she is gorgeous! I absolutely love her color and her big ole ears! Congrats to you and Louie!

• Louiethebunny
                            Participant

Thanks so much, everyone! Lola is doing great and is definitely adjusting to her new home 😀

• prince dorian the bun
                              Participant
                              743 posts Send Private Message

@Louiethebun (+Lola!). She is beautiful!! Look at them snuggling, I hope it’s a match made in bunny heaven! Their colors are very complimentary, it’s like chocolate and caramel. How are you dealing with 2 pens? Have you had them visit with each other at home yet. What are you doing for neutral territory? Was she the only bun he met up with? Wondering as at some point hope to get Dorian a friend too, so sorry for the 101 questions!

• Louiethebunny
                                Participant

@princedorian: no problem, I’m happy to help. So awesome you’re hoping to get Dorian a friend, I think he’d enjoy it. I am not dealing with two full pens, I have Louie’s pen and a dog crate for Lola. It’s a little more cleanup and litter changing, but overall not too bad. She is very good with eating hay, so I just refill her hay a little more often than Louie’s. When I let them out for separate play time, they will approach each other’s enclosures and try to get close, but I schooch then away to avoid nipping. I have a bathroom connected to the room that neither have been in, and a have a small office/furnace room connected, (our room is a finished basement) I also have all the space upstairs in our house, Louie has only darted up the stairs a few times for supervised extra time. The woman running the rescue instantly thought of (Lola) because of their similar ages and because she had unfortunately lost her bonded sister in surgery. Because of how well they got along, we decided to go with Lola.

• LBJ10
                                  16870 posts Send Private Message

Beautiful! I’m sure her and Louie will become fast friends.

• prince dorian the bun
                                    Participant

@Louiethebunny I hope it goes super smooth! Can’t wait to see more pics!!  & we will try speed dating once that’s an option with out having to drive really far, both the shelter and vet were very hesitant about Dorian bonding when I asked, so we will see.

• Louiethebunny
                                      Participant

@princedorian: I kno you mentioned you are in the PNW as well, not sure exactly where, because it’s a very large area, however I know there are a lot of smaller rescues in the Puget Sound area that are not as widely known as the larger shelters. I joined a Facebook group for the PNW, and I found many smaller rescues in the general area. They usually help by rescuing rabbits that have been dumped nearby. It’s worth doing a local deep dive to find some of these smaller shelters if you’re looking for a rescue bunny.

• prince dorian the bun
                                        Participant

Thanks @Louiethebunny – I don’t have a car, so right now anything longer distance is a bit out of range for me. I’ll keep that in mind for future though!

• Bam
                                          16838 posts Send Private Message

Hello and most welcome, Lola! You are stunning!

• Hazel
                                            Participant
                                            2587 posts Send Private Message

Wait, she doesn’t like naners? You need to go and get a refund, she’s obviously not a bunny! 😉

• Louiethebunny
                                                Participant

LOL. I offered her a little piece and she sniffed it, so I left it in her enclosure and she just stepped on it. She didn’t like to eat really anything but hay when we got her almost two weeks ago now, but shes learning to gobble up the food I give her.

• jerseygirl
                                                22338 posts Send Private Message

I’m so late to this thread but I wanted to say congrats on adopting Lola AND on such a swift bond with her & Louie. She’s beautiful and they make a pretty pair!

Is she a palomino bun?

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Everyone meet…. Lola!