Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Emergency or no?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Meloney
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

My boyfriend’s rabbit Hendrix is acting odd.  Hendrix follows my bf Jay around like a msall dog and they play together constantly, and today Jay noticed that when he hops, his back legs go to the right and he is limping.  When Jay goes to pet him, Hendrix runs away and wont let him touch his legs.  This isn’t like Hendrix, he lets Jay do anything to him.  He is still eating and drinking.  The vet can see him today, just not till after 6pm and it is 10:50am right now.

Should he take him in on an emergency visit or wait?

Thanks in advance

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I would take him to his regular vet at 6pm since it’s not that far off but I would definitely take him to the vet.

• babybunsmum
          Participant
          3896 posts Send Private Message

aww (((vibes))) for hendrix poor fellow.  it’s great that he’s still eating & drinking.  is he still pooping?  if he hasn’t pooped in over 12 hrs that would be reason to goto an emerg vet for sure.  other than that i don’t know what would constitute an emerg visit.  anyone else want to chime in here? 

edit:  sarita beat me to the punch!  i was thinking the same.

• Meloney
            Participant
            4 posts Send Private Message

Sarita – your bunny looks a lot like Hendrix!

Thanks everyone!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

hmmm… that’s strange. did he fall or get stepped on by accident? poor guy. i hope everything turns out okay. let us know…

• MarkBun
                Participant
                2842 posts Send Private Message

If Jay is around the bun now, I’d suggest having him lay down on the ground on his side and see what Hendrix does. See if he comes up for a cuddle or anything like that. He may be looking for someone to share his discomfort with but a standing up person reaching down still looks too much like a predator. He probably hurt himself somehow and a vet should look at him.

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

Something definately doesn’t sound right, absolutely have the vet take a look at it. If the eating and pooing has stopped or your rabbit is in extreme pain, go to the emergency vet ASAP. I hope that Hendrix has been to the vet and please give us an update on Hendrix’s condition.

• RabbitPam
                    11002 posts Send Private Message

How did Hendrix make out at the vets?

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Emergency or no?