Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE EMERGENCEY HELP

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Naddy the sushi roll
      Participant
      16 posts Send Private Message

MY BUNNY DRANK OUT OF WATER THAT HAD A LAXATIVE(MIRALAX) IN IT WHAT DO I DO WILL SHE DIE IM TERRIFIED PLEASE HELP

• Bam
        16881 posts Send Private Message

How much of the water did she drink? How long ago was it?

Miralax is not a gut stimulant, it works by making the stools softer and more voluminous through osmosis.

I think I’d call a vet and ask.

• Naddy the sushi roll
          Participant
          16 posts Send Private Message

appx 12 hours ago. i have no vet

• Bam

If it’s been 12 hours and your bun is still acting normal, I think she’ll be ok. You might see some sticky poop. From what I’ve been able to find, Miralax has a very slow action, but no dramatic effects. Some humans say they get no effect at all of it.

It won’t cause cramping or spasms in the intestinal walls. It just makes the stools more moist. Give extra water, because what makes the stools softer is water and that should be replaced. If she won’t drink extra you can give wet fresh greens.

• angelamc
              Participant
              1 posts Send Private Message

I am curious how Miralax affected the bunny. I had a similar situation.

• Bam

@angelamc, this is a very old thread and the OP is no longer active on the forums.  Please start a thread of your own on this topic and describe your situation in more detail!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE EMERGENCEY HELP