Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Embarassing….cocroach?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Binkles
      Participant
      823 posts Send Private Message

Aye, indeed..

I was sitting at my computer just moments ago when out of the corner of my eye should appear but..a…

MONSTEROUS FLYING COCROACH.

Great!

I managed to corner him. But he played that ol’ trump card that cocroaches tend to play..

CLIMB ON THE HYOOMAN!!

And thus he did, scaring the bajeebus out of me and making off clean.

Ah..

And even as I am writing this, he appears once again to yet ellude me…I think Binkles might have scared him.

So I need to know one thing. xD

Until I manage to slay the beast, aside from being big and gross and ominous-looking, does this giant pose any threat to my bunny?

..huh.

..also as I am writing this, I am witnessing the most peculiar behaviour..

..is that…could it be…is Binkles stalking the cocroach..? o.O

I think she is! She keeps sitting next to, digging at, and looking at wherever the cocroach last dissapeared!

• MarkBun
        Participant
        2842 posts Send Private Message

She’s protecting mama – going after what ever it is that scared her so badly.

Don’t worry, the cockroach poses no danger to the bun – even if the bun eats it. And, not to be an advocate but the cockroach is just like a ladybug in many respects. Try to just think of it as a larger ladybug. It has a bad rep, just like snakes, and they are actually not filthy. They are as clean as their environment.

Still doesn’t stop me from going “AAAH!” when they surprise me.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

ha ha ha, your post has me cracking up! we have some cockroaches too and they totally gross me out, i’m always worried they’ll mess with the bunnies. glad to hear you have a roach attack bunny over there

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

LOL, I would not blink an eye at snakes, mice and other rodents but bugs…I am outta here! I see you are in Florida and am familiar with the flying ones.

I am sick of my Floridian friends telling me…its not a roach, its a palmetto bug! I don’t care what you call it. And on that note…nice try markusdark…but lady bug my aunt fanny!

• bunnytowne
              Participant
              7537 posts Send Private Message

yes we have giant sized flying roaches in florida eeeeek my first experience with one when I moved here was at my friend/roommates house it was on the wall she went to kill it and it actually FLEW at me aaaagh. I jumped on the couch but it FLEW so I ducked and she chased it and killed it I was going WHAT a FLYING ROACH !!!!!      gee roaches have really mutated now they fly!!!!

what next florida is crazy.       i have some that run out of my home phoen and phone book eeek now i am brave and just smash them with myhand. by the time I find a paper towel it is gone and I end up knocking things all over the floor in a frenzy to find it and kill it. so just to save time smash with the only thing available quickly   my hand eeeek hate those bigger ones    I shut off my home phone by the way. lol. sprayed it down good.    hope they dont’ go near my cell phone eeew.

ohhh how I hate those things. naaasty   oh my mean abusive ex  while we lived in a hotel was filled with roaches one got in his glass and he didn’t know it was in t here  he drank it eeew. couldn’t have happened to a better person he deserved it.   once I was fixing sandwiches and was so scared of him.  i confused it with the cat food I was fixing to feed the cats  and he demended a sandwich first. do or get hit…. well I accidentally made his sandwich with the cat food ahaaaa he ate it too. ahaaaa. said it tasted funny

as far as roaches being like lady bugs I agree with the previous post  my fanny. eeeek. I spray all the time to make sure they stay outta here

I guess the neighbors are dirty the grumpy mr grumpy pants I call him lives next door grumpy and dirty attracts roaches ick

• Sage Cat
                Participant
                1883 posts Send Private Message

Those same monster roaches are in Texas. As long as they were on the wall – I was fine but, once they start to fly . . . .
                  I remember putting my shoes on . . . and then realizing there was a roach inside one of them. Yuck!

Binkles sounds like an awesome watch bun!

• Jyka
                  Participant
                  111 posts Send Private Message

OOOOOO FLYING cockroaches???? I thought Australia was full of the dangerous animals! That would scare me to death!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

LOL ^^ My last boyfriend (and dave sorta too) was totally scared of bugs LOL Once I was driving home from a camping trip and this mondo huge spider dropped down in front of my face from the visor. So I asked my ex, if he could flick it away…He was pasted on the door looking right freaked out I had to pull over and evacuate the spider and calm him down hahahahaha

• Deleted User
                      Participant

K & K that is hysterical! With my ex, it was a race to see who could lock themselves in the bathroom first. The loser had to deal with the mutant bug du jour.

I had been telling him about the huge roach in the kitchen and he refused to believe me. I caught it in one of those roach motels and asked him to dispose of the box as the cats were batting it around. To my dying day, I will never forgot the scream of “HOLY S**T!!!!” and the sight of the box flying across the room when he realized I was not  being an hysterical female.

A friend and I were walking past a construction site late one night  in Manhattan and passed a slice of pizza on the street being dragged by one of those suckers!  Needless to say we booked across the street.  Jyka, its not the bugs that are dangerous, it is the stupid things you do to get away from them that causes injuries. 

• skunklionshow
                        Participant
                        1257 posts Send Private Message

During the undergrad years, the roommate & I decided to take our few pennies and visit New Orleans.  Of course we couldn’t afford anywhere in the city, but we did find the ultimate “roach” motel.  I awoke having to potty in the middle of the night.  I stumbled out of the bed and crunch…then another crunch…and another.  By crunch number 3, the roommate turned on the lights from my screaming.  The floors were completely covered w/ “Palmetto bugs”.  Its funny b/c we told the desk that we had flying cockroaches all over and they laughed and told “oh yeah, those are just Palmetto bugs”.  Yuck!

• Jyka
                          Participant
                          111 posts Send Private Message

The “crunch” underfoot…was that with bare feet?? Ahhhhhhh!!!! The horror!!!!!

My horror story…I was pulling the washing ou of the laundry basket and looked down to see a huntsman spider in my hand…I screamed and thru it on the floor, but then my cat found it very fun to play with. I just couldn’t cope when it was climbing up her chest, so I rang my dad for help. Dad could barely understand what I was saying thru my screams…”Spider…Cat!…crawling on cat!!” I had to overcome my fear to save my darling kitty (though she didn’t seem too fazed by the spider…), so I got a little brush and somehow managed to flick the spider outside. Dad was still on the phone saying “squash it! Kill it!” and I’m screaming back “I can’t! I can’t!”

EEEk…still gives me the heeby-geebies now!

• Deleted User
                            Participant

I would think Australia wins hands down for scary insects.

My house and yard are spider central, at night you can’t walk down the alley way or come through the front gate without getting a face full of web. I learned years ago to get over it cause they would have carted me away by now.

• Deleted User
                              Participant

Whenever my bun sees a roach, he’ll chase after it and since then, we don’t have a roach problem anymore(L.O.L)

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Embarassing….cocroach?