Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE electric water bowl

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • scubahood
      Participant
      88 posts Send Private Message

a while back i posted all worried about my bun not drinking so much anymore since i replaced her and the dog’s bowl with a big electric fountain style one..

i got a lot of responses about not worrying and that rabbits don’t drink a whole lot anyway

i just wanted to share an update :

although they may seem expensive and extravagant, i now deem an electric fountain style water bowl an absolute pet necessity

dennis hopper is ALL OVER IT.. she prefers to get her water DIRECTLY FROM THE SPOUT.. it’s super cute and she drinks ALL THE TIME (i’ll try to get a picture next time she’s involved).. her and the dog just (literally) lap it up.. the two of them drink more than they ever have before and i’ve noticed considerable health benefits in the dog (minor things like periodically inflammed, red, skin around his mouth and feet have gone away completely).. the bun has always been pretty healthy but she does looove drinking from the fountain bowl.. so much more than a stale bowl or a gravity bottle.. and i’m just really happy to see them both keeping hydrated and having a good time doing it.. cat owners might benefit from one too since i’ve heard that cats are notoriously bad water drinkers

• JackRabbit
        Participant
        5451 posts Send Private Message

My sister has one for her cat and she says it does get the cat to drink more. I looked at those for the buns, I was looking more at the ability to continuously filter stuff out of the water (fur, litter, hay), but I couldn’t get beyond the fear of my bunnies chewing on the electric cord. How do you keep that from happening?

• BubblesJo
          Participant
          458 posts Send Private Message

I tried it with Chester and he was consistently scared of the sound Such a silly bun sometimes. After 2 weeks of him running away from it I gave it to a friend with a cat.

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

Could you post a pic of the one you have?

• AaronJ
              Participant
              84 posts Send Private Message

hey if it works it works as long as your buns don’t get a hold of the cord that is

• scubahood
                Participant
                88 posts Send Private Message

haha sorry best picture i could get

you can’t tell but the cord is under that black mass (a guitar amp) .. bun would have to go into the bowl to reach the cord and i don’t think she’s that keen on getting wet

it’s a drinkwell 360

• LittlePuffyTail
                  18092 posts Send Private Message

Aww…cute. Thanks for posting a pic.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE electric water bowl