Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Effective ways to brush a bunny?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jen
      Participant
      34 posts Send Private Message

I’m having troubles brushing nemo as he wont sit still for it and hates it when i touch his tail. Are there any tips you can give me? I’ve tried brushing with 3 different kind of brushes and i’ve tried brushing with a damp hand.

Any advice is appreciated.

• JoBunny123
        Participant
        30 posts Send Private Message

I’m also struggling with this at the moment. I have to bribe him with something that takes him a long time to eat or wait till he’s in the right mood to be brushed.

• Jen
          Participant

I did try to sit on my knees today and put treats in between them so his body was in between my knees, i used a soft brush and managed to brush his body while he was eating his treats. It worked pretty well but i still need more tips on brushing

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

All of my bunnies over the years have hated brushing. The only way I can groom is on a table. I actually have an old baby change table in my rabbit’s room that I use for grooming. I put a blanket on top and make sure to have all my grooming tools handy. You need to be careful with this method, however, because I’ve had rabbits (including my current bun) who hate grooming so much, they will try to jump off. There is no way I could groom with my bunny on the floor.

• LBJ10
              16908 posts Send Private Message

Yep, grooming so not going to happen on the floor. At least not with my boys. I usually just sit them in my lap. I use a hairbuster comb.

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

I use the hairbuster too. It’s great on short fur.

• Bam
                  16877 posts Send Private Message

When I had normal-haired buns, I used a lint roller after each grooming session. It picks up a lot of the fluff that’s come loose but hasnt been picked up by the brush/comb. It’s not a method for longhaired buns though.

I have never groomed a rabbit on the floor. I sit the rabbit in my lap,

• Jen
                    Participant

I mean I would put him on my lap but nemos taking some time to warm up to me, so he’s not very fond of sitting on my lap or letting me putting him on a table

• kurottabun
                      Participant
                      908 posts Send Private Message

I’m not sure how skittish your bunny is, but you could try sneaking some grooming in when he’s laying on the floor? Kurotta isn’t a fan of being constricted so I just groom him when he’s sleepily lounging around or busy eating pellets. I usually use a fine toothed flea comb and a lint roller.

• Jen
                        Participant

Yeah i’ve been trying to manage everything but his stomach by putting veggies on the floor so he doesn’t run away when I start brushing

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Effective ways to brush a bunny?