Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR EEP! I got growled at!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • BBMommy
      Participant
      57 posts Send Private Message

Brownie was out for playtime, and was enjoying sleeping under the pie safe in the living room. It was bedtime, and he did NOT want to comeout! I was lying on the floor a few feet away from him, and just started dragging my hand across the carpet to see if that would get his attention and get him to come out. Ack! He let out a low growl like sound that let me know he was NOT ready to go to bed!

I left him alone for a bit, and he finally came out, lolol…guess that is not the way to get bunny out of his favorite hang out spot!

Kim

• MarkBun
        Participant
        2842 posts Send Private Message

Actually, quite a few buns see dragging a hand on the carpet as something to attack. My Maryann, no matter how happy she’s feeling, will growl, ears back and lunge at my hand if I move my hand back and forth against the carpet.

• masteroffm
          Participant
          53 posts Send Private Message

what is really funny is sometimes when I try to give Marvin a treat he will bark and try to box at me while still trying to take the treat from my hand.

• Sage Cat
            Participant
            1883 posts Send Private Message

I have heard several people comment the their buns do not like it when you drag your hand on the carpet.

I found that a hand full of hay gets my buns to head back to their pen pretty quickly. Very handy at bed time.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

I know it’s weird!! Kokanee was digging on a towel once and Dave went up and tried to play too…he started digging. She lunged and bit him and drew blood!! He’s done it with all of them and they all hate it…no idea why!!

But…when I want them to come out for somewhere and they’re being super stubborn, I use my hand and approach them and dig a little then they come out to get mad at me, and wham I got them-bunny bed time!!

• Hedi
                Participant
                969 posts Send Private Message

My rabbits all grunt and growl for various reasons. It seems that once they realize they can make noise they will continue to “try it out.” If your bun has just realized he can make noise you may see him do it more often since that is his only audible way to communicate to you.

• Bunneh
                  Participant
                  37 posts Send Private Message

I don’t really have a problem with getting my buns back into thier pen because they are ‘free range’ but if i try and play with them and drag my hand on the floor or tap my fingers on the floor they try to eat me…..

• BBMommy
                    Participant
                    57 posts Send Private Message

well at the time it was easter night!

• Moonlight_Wolf
                      Participant
                      1155 posts Send Private Message

Weird… Fern does not respond if I drag my hand across the carpet, she also does not care if I cover her with a towel. Fern just acts like a blob sometimes. The only thing she really hates is when I hold her on her back and touch her feet (which is what I need to do when cutting her nails…) she is pretty calm when I hold her but when I touch her feet while holding her then she struggles. I can touck her front feey when she is sitting nd sh is a little uncomfortable when I touch her back feet, but when I hold her while touching her feet… Yowe Zowe. The way I get fern in her cage is I just put her pellots in there and when she smells them she goes looking for them and eventually goes in her cage. Tada. There she is back home in her cage!

• Lightchick
                        Participant
                        1017 posts Send Private Message

Wow! Good insight! I had no idea buns hated hands being dragged in front of them! I guess scratching at the floor as a “come here” gesture was doomed to failure from the beginning!

Lizzy used to LOVE to be in her pen, under her hutch. That was where she was most territorial about. She would literally run out at me growling, ears pinned back, teeth bared, if she was under there and I reached in for any reason (even if I was on all fours talking to her…so she knew it was me and not a monster!). I finally gave up, and took the rug out from under the hutch. I have hard-wood floors, which she’s afraid to walk on, so she’s self-limited to areas that have a rug. Poor bun doesn’t get her favorite hidey-hole any more, but I get lunged at much less!

• Deleted User
                          Participant
                          22064 posts Send Private Message

lol, i have never tryed it if i call her she comes to me I doesn’t really matter what time…

• kralspace
                            Participant
                            2663 posts Send Private Message

The best trick I learned here was to give the papaya treat at bedtime. After one or 2 of those, you can rattle that plastic bottle and rabbits come running from everywhere to go to bed and get their treat! Just don’t let them reach in for it themselves, they learn quickly to grab and toss it so they can gobble as many as they can off the floor before you pick them up.

• Deleted User
                              Participant

lol, I did the run your hand back and forth on the ground and all she did was follow my hand back and forth…lol

• Balefulregards
                                Participant
                                715 posts Send Private Message

Coco doesn’t care about my hand – but watch out Brooms!

She attacks Brooms growling and going crazy…

• Deleted User
                                  Participant

willow rowls if you blow on her forhead while shes digging…

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR EEP! I got growled at!