Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Edmund and Julian

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

Things have been going okay between them since I removed the barrier between their previously separate sides of the cage. Okay, I guess, considering how violent other bonding attempts can be between rabbits… Mine, at least, have not drawn any blood. (Knock on wood.)

Still, I’m concerned. I just saw Edmund nip Julian (not to hurt him necessarily but more to show him who was boss) because Julian wasn’t grooming his (i.e., Edmund’s) face enough. Edmund then bowed his head down and Julian began licking his face more thoroughly in response to being nipped.

How sad is that? Please tell me this situation will get better. I removed the barrier only a couple of days ago, and both rabbits are neutered (in case anyone is wondering).

Julian is just so submissive. It makes me sad… I don’t want Edmund to bully him like this forever…

• Deleted User
        Participant

I don’t really see anything sad in the interactions you describe. Rabbits need time to become gentle and doting on each other. Sounds like a perfect match to me, one submissive rabbit who responds to the other rabbit’s requests promptly! Keep in mind that rabbits communicate without words, so nips are just part of their relationship. A nip that gets the other rabbit to fulfill a demand is awesome communication between two bonding rabbits, you should be ecstatic!!!

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Petzy.

I think you need to try not to personify your emotions on your rabbits. Rabbits interact differently than humans. Rabbits aren’t going to kiss each other or always groom each other and sometimes they may never groom each other but will live together quite comfortably – you just don’t want fights.

• Deleted User
            Participant

This is the best news I have heard in a long time.

I AM ecstatic. The nips have already decreased dramatically. The grooming, on the other hand, has increased. Edmund will often lie down in front of Julian, bow his head down, and Julian will respond by licking his forehead. Just a minute ago, Julian’s head was resting on Edmund’s, and I was petting them both behind the ears. They were both purring!

I wonder how I got this lucky? I had no idea little nips were nothing to be worried about. That’s the very extent of their “aggressiveness” towards each other too…

I’m so happy.

• Deleted User
              Participant

Hey that’s fantastic! You hit the bonding jackpot!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Edmund and Julian