Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Eating White Paper with Ink?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

Alexander is eating bits of the book I gave the buns to rip up. (I removed all glossy parts, its just white printer type paper with black ink.  Cassie just rips off bits, Alexander is eating pieces.  Is this bad for him? Should I take away the book?  Cassie really loves it, and they both really like sitting on it for some reason…

• Spacehopper
        Participant
        540 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t let them eat too much (as with anything too much of a good thing is bad 🙂 Mine go mad for the yellow pages…and insist on sitting on it whenever we desperately need to find a number! Like cats I suppose, as soon as you open a newspaper….there they are!!!

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

I would be a little concerned with the safety of the ink that was used in the printing of the book. Unless there is a way you can look up online it is really hard to say if it safe for them or not. Phone books are OK though. The paper, now that it is being consumed will need to be watched as some bunnies will eat that instead of the hay that they should be eating and that is not a good thing.

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

I have had buns eat books before and no one ended up sick. but if it seems like he’s really ingesting a lot then maybe take it away after a few minutes.

• skunklionshow
              Participant
              1257 posts Send Private Message

Our therapy buns would snaggle our books all the time as special treats….or at least that’s what the kids claimed–LOL!

I hope its not too bad b/c my bunnies love eating my dissertation articles.  Oddly enough, newspaper is considered to be a good alternative to baby blankets or towels when having to deliver a human baby unexpectedly.  Its supposed to be fairly safe & not so germy, so I’m going to assume its ok for bunny consumption in moderation.  Wow I’m rolling out the useless facts today!

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

I saw a few buns get rather sick from some books that had some kind of ink on them, so I suppose I am just a paranoid, overprotective bunny parent. : )

• MooBunnay
                  Participant
                  3087 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies like to munch on my CPA exam materials from time to time – I guess they feel the same way about it that I do!! But they usually just rip it. Kramer however, eats cardboard like it is his dinner sometimes – so I have to take it away from him after awhile. Is he still eating and swallowing it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Eating White Paper with Ink?