Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Ear infection question

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Mrs. Steele
      Participant
      9 posts Send Private Message

Hi, my sweet lop eared bunny, Penelope is almost 7 years old. We LOVE her and would do anything for her. She is my therapy animal pretty much! We noticed her starting to tilt her head and shake her ears a bit just a few days ago. We took her to the vet yesterday and she doesn’t have mites but the vet did say she had some build up and a small infection. Unfortunately, where I live the veterinarians just don’t care about rabbits very much. She gave us some ear solution to pour in her ears and massage twice a day and then a oral antibiotic.

I expected Penelope to have a little bit of imbalance with her head tilt and I expected her to be a bit jumpy and wobbly when I pour The solution in her ears! We didn’t really notice her have an imbalance before we took her to the vet and started the meds yesterday. Is this normal?? She eats, drinks, poops, and is alert. You can tell she loves to be out and wants to play but she has a little bit of a hard time remaining balanced and walking AS straight. I’d love to get some input with those of you who are experienced with your rabbits before I decide to do bloodwork. I don’t have a lot of money and get Vet bills cost us haha. She is worth every penny but I want To be sure that I’m taking the right measures. She’s on meds for 10 days. Thanks!!!

• LBJ10
        16870 posts Send Private Message

If the vet was digging around in there, it can cause the ear to swell inside. This isn’t unusual and would explain the worsened head tilt following the exam. I would give the antibiotic a chance to work before worrying that it could be something else.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Ear infection question