Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Duplicates with Bonded Bunnies?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Beka27
      Participant
      16016 posts Send Private Message

this is a question for those of you with bonded bunnies, preferably ones you’ve bonded yourself.

in your cage/condo/pen, do you have duplicates of everything for your bunnies (litterboxes, dishes, water bottles/bowls, etc.) or do they share everything? 

do you have doubles of some things and not of others?

as i was dumping two litterboxes and cleaning out two veggie bowls and refilling two water bottles today, i started thinking about this.

of course, we’re still in the “Bunnymoon” phase right now, but for future reference, i’m interested in what other people do.  *mostly* regarding the litterboxes.  do your bunnies share the litterboxes well, or are there ever fights over it within a bonded pair?  again, this is just in relation to what is actually IN THE CONFINED AREA, not counting other boxes you might have in other areas.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

You want them to share everything if they are bonded.

I’ve usually had those bunnies that I’ve bonded easily share a litter box once they were bonded and during the bunnymoon too. If I were you I would try using just one larger size litter box for both.

I just dump a pile of veggies on the ground for my buns and they do all share one bowl too.

One of my adopters who I bonded a pair for did have to buy an extra kitty condo though :~) since both bunnies loved the condo.

• kralspace
          Participant
          2663 posts Send Private Message

Mine share everything, but I did get the larger plastic tubs as litterboxes since they both like to jump in. After reading the posts here, I’ve begun scattering their greens around the condo and the pellets all around the room so they can find them on their “out” time so I don’t have but the waterbowl in the condo.

The toys between the 2 pairs vary a lot. Lola and Daisy can go through a willow ball in 2 days, Pringles and Toby ignore them (of course with his teeth, Toby has no interest in chewing anything).

Both pairs like the noisy cat ball toys. Pringles condo has a concrete tube that I stuff tight with newspaper, toys, sticks, baby toys, anything I can find to give her a challenge digging it all out. She also loves a big sheet to bunch and push around, but not the others. Lola just wants out to go cruising around the house.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

interesting. i think i figured as much, but i just needed a second opinion. i cleaned the litterboxes today, so i’m going to see which box they tend to use more and then i’ll remove the other one from the pens.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

Mine share, but since they are free range, I have food and water on all three levels of the condo and at two ‘bunny stations’ in the house. But they always seem to eat/drink together

• leti2pets
                Participant
                16 posts Send Private Message

My pair share everything. Bandit is a pushover though, so whatever Pepper wants, she gets. No fighting there.

• Hedi
                  Participant
                  969 posts Send Private Message

My buns share their food bowls and water bottle BUT they have 2 potty boxes. Cooper is three times the size of Pookie and his fat butt sometimes takes up the entire potty box. So having two ensures theres enough hay and room in case Pookie feels cramped. Typically they do sit together in the same box most of the time but it does seem like they “dirty” one and then move to the next one. I have found they make a horrible mess in the floor when I try to remove that second box so I just leave it.

• BBMommy
                    Participant
                    57 posts Send Private Message

I’m just starting out here, but so far Lily and Brownie share everything, and it is working out ok…but let me tell you, two bunnies using onelitterbox sure gets yucky quick! For us anyway!

Good luck!
                      Kim

• bunnytowne
                      Participant
                      7537 posts Send Private Message

Mine share everything except the litterboxes. I have 2 in the pen and a big one for when they are loose.  Cotton has 1 in his house and 2 in the living room. The boys not bonded have their own and it goes with them when they play. I am running out of litterboxes and have no idea what will fit into the cage that the huge bun will fit comfortably in. Those triangle ones are too small for him. I can see him with his bum on the litterbox and his 2 front feet in the cage. AHahahahaha

• Sarah Jones
                        Participant
                        99 posts Send Private Message

i have three buns in my garden hutch and they have a lot of kitchen roll tubes, one poo tray, one big bowl of dry food, one big bowl of water, one tunnel, one wooden folding hidey thing, one massive run through box with holes and two hay hangers. the shelf then is covered with hay and there is lots of newspaper on the floor to chew. when they have free garden run, they of course, then have the whole herb world as their oyster (i have no strawberries left ) i use a salad bowl as their main food bowl and that is just piled high with veg first thing in the morning and last thing at night (it gets them back into the hutch after there free time).

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Duplicates with Bonded Bunnies?