Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Dried herbs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ericamb
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

Had my rabbit for almost 3 months. His name is Panda and he is almost 7 months old. A few hours ago I gave him a little sprinkle of dried oregano. He didn’t know what to think of it at first, then min or so later he licked up some of it. First thing that came to my mind when I gave him some was, what if he sniffs some up into his nose. Would that cause a problem? Then few hours later while he was playing he sneezed a few times all close together. First time I’ve seen him sneeze. Would this of happened anyways without trying dried herb earlier? Who knows. So at the moment he playing doing lots of binkies. Seems to be ok. I feel like it’s not a good idea to give dried herbs as a treat without it in something, maybe I should sprinkle some in his lettuce. Hoping he don’t sneeze again today.

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

I cannot attest to the safety of whatever specific dried herb brand you used (some brands use chemicals and preservatives as opposed to simply drying the herb), but keep in mind that dried things do shatter and get dusty, so yes, there is always a chance of something being huffed up. Scattering it can help.

I wouldn’t worry about it if he eventually stopped sneezing and breathing sounds fine.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
          16899 posts Send Private Message

Rabbits get hay dust and particles up their nose all the time. I don’t see how this is different. I agree, if he seems fine now then it was probably just a little nose irritation.

• GlennTheLionhead
            Participant
            361 posts Send Private Message

Panda looks very cute!

I agree with the others in regards to the sneezing.

I have never tried dried kitchen herbs before for reasons wick mentioned. However, you might like to try some dried forages made specifically for rabbits and other floofs, if you haven’t already. The dried forage pieces such as dandelion, plantain and blackcurrant leaves etc are often a lot bigger so are less likely to get stuck up their nose (unless it’s the bottom of the bag). My bunnies go nuts for them!

• Ericamb
                Participant
                5 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for replying and thanks for the tip. And I agree the picture I have posted is cute, it actually Pandie that passed away in Aug 🙁 My new bunny is Panda. The one that tried dried herb. I should update the photo.

• Bam
                16872 posts Send Private Message

Pandie looks lovely! It is ok to have a profile pic of a bridge bun, my avatar is of my bridge bun Bam who passed away in August 2018. I keep it for sentimental reasons, because I loved him so much. But it would be great to see Panda too!

I dry herbs and various leaves for my buns in the summer. That way they get some variety during the long cold winter when store-bought greens are comparatively boring.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Dried herbs