Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Dorian finally learned no!! So proud!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • prince dorian the bun
      Participant
      743 posts Send Private Message

So technically he responds to “nonononoooonono” (no raised voice, he’s not a fan) . Yesterday he was digging where he shouldn’t and I said it to him and he stopped, stared at me for a few seconds and then pretty much started up again, but the third time he stopped and went in his diggy box instead. I didn’t even have to get up! It’s only taken months and months to get to this phase and I am so proud of Dorian! I remember when he first came home from us I really doubted this day would ever come since he just completely ignored anything I said! Next up, responding to his name and maybe even coming when he is otherwise engaged and I don’t have a treat!

Also if your buns have reached any milestones, learned new rcks or just been unusually adorable feel free to share!

Oh and here’s a photo, since someone (*cough* HipHopBunny *cough*) will be asking for one if I don’t 😀

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

His expression says, “Who? Me? I wasn’t up to anything….”

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant

@DanaNM – he actually was being good, he’s recently been allowed access to that chair so I think he feels like he is getting away with something just sitting up there!(I am hoping to eventually uncage my couch once he thinks of the chair as his instead). Also reread my post and seeing so many typos/proof reading fails, sorry everyone!

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

See, they can learn the word “no”. They won’t always listen, but they can definitely learn what it means.

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant

@LBJ10 – well I am used to cats, so that will work for me! Though he did stop and then went and did his crazy digging in his box where he is allowed to. It gives me hope one day he’ll figure out that when I say Dorian I am not just announcing his majesty to all who are present but would like him to come. Even with a treat he just stares at me blankly. Maybe that’s the issue, he has no idea why I am saying his name. 😀

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Dorian finally learned no!! So proud!