Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Dog stuck his Snoz in Bunny food, can she eat it?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • BUNNYFOOFOO823
      Participant
      104 posts Send Private Message

My dog Walter found his way into a fresh bag of T Pellets, can Bunny still eat them or should I toss it and buy a new bag? It was the Oxbow kind brand new bag too! Please advise.

Thanks everyone!

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Did he get them wet or slobber on them? If not I would still use them.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

oh that’s crazy! did he eat a lot of them or just taste? it might be time to find a better storage location… ;o)

• KatnipCrzy
            Participant
            2981 posts Send Private Message

If I open the door to Penny or Cotton’s enclosure our dogs will sneak in there at first opportunity to eat any pellets that are left.  Cotton usually eats all hers right away- but Penny is more of a gradual pellet eater

As long as the pellets are dry- there is no problem still feeding them.  I have to keep our bunny food where the dogs can not get to it- otherwise they would eat it all.

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha – the title of this post made me laugh

I agree with everyone else – if they aren’t wet I don’t think the dog did any harm, and if they are wet, I would just remove the top layer of wet pellets and use the rest.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

I have to say I wouldn’t worry at all! I don’t think anything but fleas/mites can be transferred from dogs to buns (although by far no expert!) and as long as they look fine and are all puffed up from being wet they’re likely fine to feed! I definitely would keep feeding them-specially if they’re oxbow-expens$ve!!

• BUNNYFOOFOO823
                  Participant

I Think he did slobber a bit on them, he’s a crazy dog, sweet and loving wouldn’t hurt a fly but crazy! I will toss a cup or so I suppose and then use the rest of th bag. Walter is a garbage disposal, he will eat anything ::sighs:: he doesn’t destroy things thank God but if its edible he will eat it. Here is a picture of Walter. His racing name was Wild Walter, so appropriate we kept it. lol. Photobucket

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant

KYOOOT!!! You rescued a racing greyhound? That’s so sweet of you!!

My friend who runs the rabbit shelter with me just got a russian wolfhound they look so much like greyhounds.. Meet Sasha…

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

Beautiful dogs! I love dogs. Just can’t manage that in my life right now, but maybe, maybe one day.

• Beka27
                        Participant
                        16016 posts Send Private Message

Walter’s gotta eat everything… lucky for him he’s still got his “boyish” figure! i agree, what cute dogs!

• BUNNYFOOFOO823
                          Participant

Kokanee, Sasha is BEAUTIFUL! I have seen one dog like this before in Florida, they are rare atleast in my lifetime I have not seen many, Beauitful, beautiful girl!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                            Participant

And she’s a trouble maker-she wants to eat the chickens (same as the other dog, a french bulldog) but rather then stand around and pant and drool, she is sneaky and clever … Very sweet though!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Dog stuck his Snoz in Bunny food, can she eat it?