Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Dog and which rabbit should meet first?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • katiep
      Participant
      222 posts Send Private Message

Hey, didn’t know if this would be the right area or the lounge but I wanted to see what everyones opinions were.  The puppy has calmed down a bit and listens a bit better.  I feel so bad for the bunnies not getting as much time out as I would like or as they had before the dog.  I’m thinking about introducing them soon but I was wondering if you all thought it would be better to introduce an easier to handle rabbit who is a bit of a scaredy bun but who has been around dogs before or a more confident rabbit who has not been around dogs that is not handled as easily (meaning he doesn’t like to be held)  I plan on going slow as needed but I figured the sooner we start this process the sooner we will know if having rabbits out while the dog is present (supervised of course!) will be a reality.  They bunnies are ok, no as social as they were when they were out almost every night but I don’t think our relationships are beyond repair.  Any input is greatly appreciated!

• Monkeybun
        Participant
        10479 posts Send Private Message

I would personally wait until the dog is fully trained. Puppies can be unpredictable.

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

I would start introductions even though the puppy is still not rabbit-proof. Just protect the rabbit by confining her/him inside a carrier. Teach the puppy, on a short traffic leash, to sit when the carrier with rabbit inside is in front of the pup. Let the puppy sniff around, but eventually the meeting should result with the puppy to at least sit down by the carrier. You can use treats for this too. Try this with all your rabbits and then choose the one bunny who is the least stressed during this. If your puppy barks at the bunny, mist the puppy with water. If your puppy goes out of control crazy, will not stop barking, or jumping around the carrier — it is too soon. But keep at it, try it as your puppy gets better.

• Monkeybun
            Participant
            10479 posts Send Private Message

I’m just a worry wart I guess

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

well, I see your point, Monkeybun.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Dog and which rabbit should meet first?