Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Does rabbit pee stain??

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • bigsis7
      Participant
      732 posts Send Private Message

Spinner peed on a blanket over night, will it stain? I tried washing it with water but it didn’t work!

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

You are probably going to have to wash it in the washing machine with detergent – I have never had a problem with rabbit urine staining anything if washed properly.

• bigsis7
          Participant

Ok. Thanks!

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

You definitely need to run it through the washer as you not only want to clean your blanket but get the smell out so Spinner isn’t attracted to the same place he peed on before!

• bigsis7
              Participant

Have any of you tried washing with vinegar? Half water half vinegar? Does it work?

• babybunsmum
                Participant
                3896 posts Send Private Message

yes… i have a spray bottle loaded with 50/50 vinegar water ready for action.  i have designated bunny towels to use (was going through too many paper towels) and i soak up pee in the towel, then give the spot a good dose of vinegar water and rub it out with a clean spot on the bunny towel.  most of the pee spots i have to contend with right now are on my area rug so i can’t just throw it in the wash but i also use this as a pre-treat for things that can go in the wash since sometimes i won’t run a load right away.  works pretty well.  oh… i put 30 drops of eucalyptis oil in each vinegar water refill so it smells nicer (i do a lot of hous-hold cleaning with this too), but this isn’t neccessary.

• Sarita
                  Participant

I just throw my rabbit cleaning in the wash with detergent (I do a separate load for my bunny washing) and it works just fine – no need for vinegar.

• MooBunnay
                    Participant
                    3087 posts Send Private Message

I use vinegar if the stain is on the carpet, and also I recently purchased this little machine called a “Little Green” from Bissel. It works OK on rabbit pee stains on the carpet, I won’t say it works perfectly, but it does seem to help even more than just vinegar if you’ve got a really tough pee stain. A big advantage of the vinegar though is that it doesn’t have any scary toxic chemicals like normal carpet cleaners do!

• Sarita
                      Participant

MooBunnay – I have the Little Green too and I like it quite a bit – I do have to use a pre-treatment before I use it and I think my carpet must be scotchguarded too so it does help get the pee stains out. It’s certainly easier than scrubbing and dabbing with a brush or cloth :~)

• Bunnies4ever
                        Participant
                        368 posts Send Private Message

I use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water around my buns. It works pretty good for me!

• skunklionshow
                          Participant
                          1257 posts Send Private Message

For bunny pee, I treat the area immediately w/ vinegar/water.  I then use regular detergent in the wash.  No problems!  I have a spot bot.  You just put it on the spot and it scrubs it all up by itself.  You don’t even need to hold the machine.  I LOVE it!!!  I have a cat w/ IBS so its like a god send.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Does rabbit pee stain??