Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Does my Olly rabbit understand?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Sr. Melangell
      Participant
      1708 posts Send Private Message

OK this will sound weird, Olly knocks crisp packets, cakes and chocolate out of my hands and smashes it up, at the moment I am again waiting to go to the hospital my appointment for all my teeth out was cancelled on the last minute because of an accident and they got priority (I’m not angry or anything.) 

Olly did see me bite into some chocolate a few days ago and it hurt, now if he sees me with anything that is sweet, he goes mad, jumps out of his playpen and attacks what it is in my hand.

Does he think that things I have are hurting me? Can he sense that? Or is it that he saw me bite into the chocolate got a lot of pain and is telling me to stop?

When I’m better will there be a way to stop him doing this?

He also taps the side of my face where I have pain, I know dogs lick somewhere if you are hurt, he also when I wake up at night runs up to his playpen bars and shows me his teeth, I know he is OK, I check his teeth he doesn’t mind, also when I have a Migraine he rubs his forehead on his bars too and then looks at my bed then jumps in his bed and once I’m in bed he gets out and sits in his corner and watches me, he takes bathroom breaks then he is back in his corner watching.

• Bam
        16878 posts Send Private Message

My bun Yohio watched over me when I had migraines. Hed lie at the foot end of my bed very still, all day long. I’m pretty sure he sensed I wasn’t feeling well, coz he didnt dig in the bed linen or come to nibble at my hair like hed do on “normal” days. Animals do read us very well, I think.

Olly is obviously very protective of you. You are his most important resource, so it makes sense he want to make sure you’re not hurt.

Hopefully once you get those teeth out you wont be in pain when you eat things. I think Olly will notice and adjust his behavior accordingly.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Does my Olly rabbit understand?