Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Does Cinnabun hate me?!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cinnabun
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

Cinnabun is such a sweetie, but we know that she doesn’t like to be picked up. She will run away for sure even when she thinks we might pick her up.

But I’m worried now that she might hate me… like since 15minutes ago-ish, she started biting my fingers.  At first it was sniffing at my hand a lot and then like she was about to nibble at my fingers ( I felt the edge of her teeth) so I drew my hand away.  Then she kept continuing that so I washed my hands and came back.  She approaches my hand again and sniffs, and really tries to bite me.  I let her bite me couple times to see if they hurt but they seemed to be getting more painful.  I tried squealing (though i’m not quite sure what that means)… does my bunny hate me? what am i doing wrong?

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

One possibility is that she doesn’t quite recognize you. Are you wearing any new perfume or product? Even though your hands smell clean, you may generally smell differently.
          Another is your silhouette. If you are wearing something very different, like a big hat or a long robe when you’re usually in pants, you loom over her differently.

She might be feeling unwell. Is she sensitive anywhere?

Did she find a treat in your hand before, and now wants to know where it is? Maybe she’s just hungry. (And I really doubt she hates you. If she did, she’d never come up to you and sniff/nip. She’d be miles away from you giving you the butt.)

• kAtHrYnLoVeSdAiSy
          Participant
          36 posts Send Private Message

babieblu, of course Cinnabun doesn’t hate you! Daisy bit me yesterday by accident. she was digging on my sweater and then did a little bite. I sqealed and put her in her cage and told her off. I was so upset, I actually cried. I kept thinking that this could be it for the future, a new habit learned! But then I realised that she didn’t know she was doing a bad thing at the time. She knew it afterwards, because she was put away for doing it, so I hope the incident is a one off.

Cinnabun was probably testing the water with a nibble and because you didn’t react, she thought it was ok to continue. I expect she was just looking for treats like rabbitpam said.

If Daisy bites me again, I’ll put her away for a “Time-Out” like before. She’ll soon get the message (That’s if bunnys respond to time outs, I actually don’t know for sure but it seems logical)

KLD xx

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

If she hates you, she will pee on your bed, ruin your shoes and chase you growling- well no even that wouldn’t mean she hates you!!

She definitely doesn’t hate you, she’s probably just checking things out. If she hated you and wanted to hurt you -you’d be bleeding

She’s young and you’ve only had her a few weeks-different from dogs or cats, bunnies take a long time to get used to a new home, and trust you. Once you earn her trust and love you’ll know it and it’s amazing Just give her some time! And squealing when she nips is exactly what you want to do!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Does Cinnabun hate me?!