Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Do any of you use a water bottle on a pet carrier? Is there one that works?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • borya01
      Participant
      33 posts Send Private Message

Hey guys, I am moving and will be transporting my rabbit with me in the car. I am going to have a 19” carrier for her, but I want to make sure she has constant supply of water as it will be about a 6 hour drive. If I put a bowl in the crate she will surely knock it over in frustration. I wanted to get one of those water bottles that hangs on a door, but I have never used one. Do you know of any that will hook on to a pet carrier by any chance? Thought someone might have a recommendation. Thank you so much!

• PurplePineapples
        Participant
        6 posts Send Private Message

Well, your rabbit probably won’t want to drink while the car is moving (unless she is okay with car rides), so instead of having a constant supply you can stop to offer water (maybe take a water bottle and pour water into a bowl). If you can’t do that, then you could use a water bottle. It depends on your carrier though. If it has one of those metal wire doors, then any water bottle would work. If not, then you could try buying a Lixit water bottle, since they have a wire that you might be able to bend to fit better. But if you use the wire that comes with the same size, it probably won’t be able to fit the carrier. Then you could buy a smaller Lixit water bottle and a large one, and then take the wire from the big one and use it for the small one. That way, you’ll have more room to bend it and make it fit, although buying two isn’t ideal.

Hope this helps!

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

I found a couple older threads with some good tips on moving with bunnies:

Moving with Rabbits

Moving/Roadtrip with rabbits…

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• caillou
            Participant
            112 posts Send Private Message

Whenever I need my rabbit to ingest water on longer car rides, I serve VERY wet veggies. I’ve never done 6 hours so I’m not sure if it would be enough but just a thought!

• MyBunGusGus
              Participant
              6 posts Send Private Message

I used to travel back and forth from college (4 hour drive) with my boy rabbit, GusGus. He got to the point where traveling didn’t bother him, and he would eat and drink while we were moving. I had a basic waterbottle with one of those springy things with the clips on either side to attach it, and a clip-on dish that sat underneath the spout to catch any drips. I attached both to the door of his carrier. He also had a litter box in his carrier, filled with bedding and hay. I would also stop halfway through the drive to give him som 100% apple juice that was VERY watered down and some fresh greens/herbs. I’d also let him stretch his legs, putting his harness and leash on him and letting him hop around a little. My boy was the super social type, and was used to being on his harness or going on car rides, which made him a bit unique, but hopefully some of this helps you!

Safe travels!

Binky Free, GiGi and GusGus. You are always in my heart.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Do any of you use a water bottle on a pet carrier? Is there one that works?